1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lunchtime Funny

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AKTodd, Apr 7, 2013.

1. AKTodd

So, my partner and I went to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant yesterday. We've been going to this place for over 10yrs, a lot of the staff know us, and we're so consistent in what we order that some of them just ask us if we still want the usual:slight_smile:

So yesterday, we eat lunch and I'm paying the bill and the young lady (late teens, early 20s at a guess) running the register suddenly notices my eyes. See, I have two different color eyes (L = blue, R = 4/5 brown and 1/5 blue) and sometimes people notice them right away and sometimes it takes them months.

She immediately exclaims about them and then notices that they aren't just two different solid colors, but that my right has a blue chunk in it. Then she says they are very beautiful (I say something like "Thanks, I grew them myself" with a smile, just making light of it), then she says that all the women must really love my eyes. Uuuhh.

Several possible answers go through my mind at this point, but most of them seem likely to embarrass her (which I don't want to do) yet I don't want to necessarily just go with the 'yeah, women think my eyes are really sexy' thing either. So I just sort of say 'Thanks', pay the check and we left. Had a bit of a chuckle about it in the car, though and agreed that 'Yeah, my husband really likes them.' or 'Actually, I'm more concerned if all the guys love em' probably wouldn't have been the best response either.

Anyway, just thought I'd share:slight_smile:

Todd

2. Xochipilli

Mexican food! Holla!

That's funny. It must have been so tempting to yell, "No! Bring on the boyz"!

In cases like that I also end up going with a "thanks" or "haha, yeah". :lol:

3. BornInTexas

Hahahahahahaha!

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love the new series of Dallas & I only just noticed that John Ross Ewing has different colored eyes, god he is cute :slight_smile: