1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If You were offered the choice would you choose to be Homosexual/Bisexual/Transgender

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Apr 8, 2013.

?

So would you?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. Not Sure

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. Beware Of You

Lets say just for fun that the Bigots are right, and that God himself gave you the choice, suddenly become straight or stay homosexual what you choose?

I would defiantly choose to be gay, I love being gay :slight_smile: . I know it can be a struggle growing up when you are this way but after that it becomes such an awesome existence. I think being heterosexual must be dull in comparison :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

#1 Beware Of You, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  2. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Re: If You were offered the choice would you choose to be Homosexual/Bisexual/Transge

This concept, minus the religious notion, is extremely pleasant to think on because it renders sexuality as a dominating labeling tool obsolete. There would be no need for the terms "lesbian" "gay" "bisexual" and the like because it would simply be a matter of choosing what person you want to be with. The norm would be to be with anyone. It wouldn't mean anything to be with one gender or another. There wouldn't be "sexual orientations" but instead dating and coitus between serveral possible combinations of human being (i.e. cisman+ciswoman, cisman+cisman, ciswoman+transwoman, cisman+androwoman, etc.) Within the premise of absolute choice, there would be no default, standard, or societally expected relationship pairings. If sexuality (and gender as well) was truly left up to choice alone, no presets or hardwiring I would continue to primarily be with females because I feel more comfortable with women, possibly the result of being raised in a matriachal family combined with early unwanted sexual experience with a male. Although, I would like and possibly take advantage of being free to choose another, if I should so fall for a male counterpart, without having to build a convincing case as to why I was with a him and not a her for whatever given time to evade criticism and deeply rooted judgement of my character. Complete choice would be helpful in that someone of any nature choosing anyone wouldn't beg statements and queries from others that question and often doubt that someone's personal legitimacy. I would very much enjoy that. :slight_smile:

3. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: If You were offered the choice would you choose to be Homosexual/Bisexual/Transge

I wouldn't be straight ... I honestly can't imagine myself in a relationship with a guy. Might be asexual if I had the option, that would make my life a hell of a lot easier/less complicated I guess.

4. Hexagon

I would choose to be pan/bi. I wouldn't choose to be trans. Way too much trouble.

5. Zakky

I would choose gay. If you asked a few months ago I would have said definatelly straight, but the last few months have been sooo much easier and even fun in some ways that have come from me being gay.

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Straight. Every problem goes away...sounds cool. I am in.

7. Fiddledeedee

Maybe gay.

8. MixedNutz

Agreed

9. June Cleaver

^^^^Yep, as long as my body is female I'm in! June

10. Lewis

I'd choose bisexual. I cannot imagine how hard it is to be transgender, I'm not sure I'd cope.

If I could choose, I'd probably just be straight to avoid all the crap that comes with being gay.

11. Minamimoto_Fan

The thing is, it'd be hard to say what we'd choose since that's not how our world works. It's kinda like saying an DC circuit is now AC, it doesn't exactly work because that's not how it's wired.

Now, that being said, what would I be in this hypothetical situation? Given my family background, they being religious, I'd most likely turn out straight. Then again, even when I was young I always asked why there weren't guys married to guys and girls married to girls, so again, it's hard to say.

If you asked me earlier in my life, I'd probably say, "Hell yeah I wanna be straight!" because I was having acceptance issues. But now that I've come to terms with myself, I think I'd I would choose to be gay, despite my ex cheating on me. I've never been as confident and happy than any other point in my life. So overall, I think that I'd choose to be gay.

12. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

You know...a few months ago, I would've said I wish I were straight.
    But now...I'm happy that God made me the way He did!
    Yes, it may be easier to be straight, especially with parents like mine
    But I think God did that on purpose because I may be the one to open their eyes someday
    and make them realize that we are all equal and love is love.

13. Oddish

Oddish Guest

No way in hell I'd choose to be trans. I'd choose to be bisexual/pan, though.

14. Niko

I'd choose to be gay maybe bi...if I were in a guy's body. If not I don't know. I'd never choose to be trans*, even though I wouldn't change who I am now. It's just such a pain at times and costs a lot of money. :dead:

15. GayJay

Well i wouldnt spend a hugh chunk of my life on transitioning into a male body if i would choose to be trans. Personally if i had been born a straight guy, life would be better

16. Zontar

Already bi and already non-dysphoric trans in a way. So I guess the question is moot.

17. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Pretty much this.

18. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I like being a homosexual. I would think that being hetero would be boring af...

19. Sayu

Maybe I would, because I love being who I am :slight_smile: But when I didn't know about my feelings towards women (= when I thought I was straight) I also loved who I was. Let's just say that now I wouldn't change who I am to "straight" because I like it this way :slight_smile: So, I picked "Not sure."

20. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well, I hate being trans... but I definitely couldn't be a STRAIGHT ciswoman. I think I just love the LGBT too much...