1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How far have you gone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpitfireXSoarin, Apr 8, 2013.

1. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So as the question asks- I am curious of how far you have gone to to keep being LGBT from your parents or friends (People who have already come out can show instances before doing so).

One of mine-
    Today I realized just how scared I am of coming out to my parents BTW. I bought some women's clothing a while back and knowing that my parents check everything that enters the house (yeah, I know :dry:slight_smile: quickly falsified the order sheet to be for a basic grey men's tee (I put in one of the tees that I own into the box). My dad told me to show him what was inside and I showed him the shirt plus the order sheet praying he wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know... I was expecting something completely different from this title LoL

I actually never really hid it from my parents. They would hint and I would joke about it but never really denied it. They weren't surprised when I finally did manage to tell them LoL

3. jaysuss

I have gone as far as doing things with girls and getting caught.

4. Wolfie Charm

I thought it was going to be different, too lol.

Let's see…as of yet best instance I can think of is swearing my friend not to tell on the off chance she might tell my mom. Oh wait. A little while back during a conversation with my mom about different behaviors we see and don’t see in those we know are gay I answered, “Why would I know?!” several times. I’m sure that counts lol.

5. rg93

@OP: Oh man, did he not pay attention to it? :grin:

I remember when my dad totally went batsh*t after I had shaved under my arms (it was getting so uncomfortable) and then he just started getting aggressive and make anti-gay and sexist remarks until my mom finally stopped him (she's my hero)

so a few days later, I got a girlfriend. Her name was Hannah, she had dark hair, was roughly my age and was in my parallel class and the best: she was totally fictional :grin:
    I would have laughed and giggled while telling that lie but I was so frightened of my dad and I knew that this lie would potentially save my future and lessen my problems (I wasn't 18 yet, so I couldn't just run away, really without having the police required to bring me home if they called them on me). So I did realize how bad this was and unfortunately, Hannah and I had to break up due to a fight (and her not existing). But I wasn't to broken up about it :grin:

Anyone else? I find this thread interesting :slight_smile:

6. Aielar

I was expecting something else too.

I didn't go too far out of my way to hide it - it was more just failing to mention it for about a year I suppose.

7. LailaForbidden

I just denied, denied, denied in the past. Now I just stay quiet and pray they don't ask me about it. When they do, I pierce my lips and walk away. Yeah, i'm pretty transparent.

Oh, right. I forgot that I used to tell my parents that I had crushes on guys that I didn't, just so they wouldn't look at me weird.

8. BornInTexas

I've done the same, just with girls. Hell, I made one girl up on the spot. LOL!

I delete my internet search history, hide my journal in a box, which I keep under my bed, along with my various sentimental items and LGBT-related contents. My phone has TWO passwords, and I do NOT talk to my parents about anything related to romance or social stuff. Only when they're really needed...

I have a feeling I'm a bit paranoid.

9. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live on my own, so it's not very difficult to hide. I don't really own any rainbow stuff or gay-themed books/movies/music, so that's kind of whatever. When I had a girlfriend, I never brought it up in conversation. I guess the only thing I really have to do (more as a precaution) is clear my Internet history before I go do dangerous things, just in case I die. (That sounds more morbid than it is).

I talk about guys/having sex with guys with my sister sometimes. It's not totally lying though because I did have sex with a few guys before I figured out I was lesbian.

I think they might suspect it anyway, but I'm not sure how to really handle that.

10. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @ RG93- Wow, just for shaving your underarms. Your dad seems like my parents when they talk about LGBT topics, seriously though? I know strait guys who don't like it either.

Also- Note to self, double check titles to make shure they clearly convey inner content. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sorry~

11. Me too. I had so many made up crushes.

I've also told all my friends that I'm asexual so they would stop asking, which was really dumb. I wish I hadn't done that. It was just the easiest way to get them off my back at the time.