1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inappropriate laughing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Formality, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Formality

I had this moment today in sociology class when we were watching a documentary from the war in Syria. There were horrible scenes of actual people dying and stuff. And yea, there was this weird tension in the room and I looked around and everyone looked so serious and it just looked so funny, so I felt like I just had to laugh. But then I thought about how inappropriate it would be and I tried holding it back by putting my hand over my face and shutting any thoughts out. It felt like I was going to explode and I just had to let it out :eusa_sick. I made this really weird suppressed laughing noise and everyone looked at me. The teacher gave me this look, like I was some kind of monster. People didn't think so much about it, but I felt really embarrassed :eusa_shif.

Oh, when I was younger, middle school, I had this serious conversation with my teacher (some old rag) because I had been laughing during class because of my friend making faces across the room. The same friend was sitting behind my teacher when I was talking to her. And he noticed us speaking, and looked over at me. He had this malevolent smile on his face, and I was like "oh no, please don't" in my head. Then he stood up and snuck over behind my teacher and started humping in the air behind her. And I tried holding my laughter back but couldn't help smiling, and eventually started to laugh. She got really mad, not at me though thankfully, and gave my friend detention. I am telling you, this guy was the best at making me laugh at the most inappropriate times.

Once he made my other friend laugh when the same teacher was telling us about her mothers condition. She said her mother had problems walking up the stairs, and this evil friend of mine suggest to my other friend that she should use an airplane to get up the stairs. And just picturing it he started laughing like crazy. I can seriously tell you I have never seen my teacher so mad :tantrum:. I will never forget this. We have laughed so many times about it :icon_bigg.

Have you ever had any of these moments when you just had to laugh but it was so inappropriate you eventually just exploded in laughter from holding it in? I love hearing these kind of stories.

2. BornInTexas

I never laugh when everyone else is laughing at something serious, but it's always when it's something SUPER serious, and I just burst out laughing because of the tension in the room, like you said.

My teacher was handing out reports, that no one did well on, and she looked at this one kid, and just stared at him. He was about to cry, because he did VERY bad on it. I started giggling like a monster... My teacher gave me a look and said, "What are you laughing at?"

I shut my laughbox up, and I just stared at my paper.

3. falsereading

falsereading Guest

Oh yea all the time, a work training lesson learning about some serious and very unfunny sexual offences and I just got the giggles about something completely unrelated. The tutor was explaining how the stuff we were talking about was life changing and I was sitting there just trying not to burst into laughter but everyone could see me laughing.

Yeah I felt pretty bad.

4. Formality

That's hilarious :lol: I remember how when I was in middle school with this evil friend of mine I literally had one of these "hold the giggle in" moments per day.

5. Xochipilli

I would always laugh in church. While everyone was praying silently. Everything would suddenly seem hilarious, like breathing and hair. :lol:

6. Stripe101

In Social Studies, we were watching a film about WWI. There were these Germans with flame throwers called Storm Troopers! I started humming the Imperial March from Star Wars and my teacher got pissed.

7. prism

Oh God, all the time. Luckily, my family has the same sense of humor that I do, but I'm definitely the worst. Most recently, half of my family went to a Taiko concert and two old women came out and did a performance with a 500-year-old, TINY drum. They started playing it and shouting the strangest noises (ki-ai verbal cues) and my brother and I could just not hold it in. My mother and sister could hear us shaking from trying to hold in our laughter from the row in front of us.

I've gotten a lot better at holding it in, but I can vividly remember apologizing for laughing in church (mass and Sunday school) and regular school (usually during "silent reading time" or presentations) when I was younger. I was voted "Class Clown" in my 8th grade yearbook superlatives.

8. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I always laugh at the most inappropriate times. When everyone else is super serious, I just want to laugh. Also, I can't control my laughter so I usually have to leave the room to laugh :lol:.

A couple weeks ago one of my professor came to class visibly upset. Now I really don't like this professor so I was kind of smirking. She went on to tell us about how her dog was dying and she was passing around pictures of her dog and the xray of the dog's tumor. Everyone else was kind of teary or silent. As soon as I saw the picture of the tumor I almost lost it. I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing. Then, I had to leave the room and laughed out in the hallway for about 5 minutes before I could go back into class. I felt so awful about that, but I just couldn't control my laughter.

I have friends in one of my classes that always make inappropriate comments/jokes during class. I always have a hard time not laughing hysterically. People always stare at us, but our professor apparently enjoys it. Occasionally, he will ask us to share what we are laughing about and then he laughs.

9. :roflmao:

10. Formality

Haha :lol: These are awesome! Keep em coming.

11. Hexagon

I used to find being told of by teachers really funny sometimes. I notice grammar issues, or simply find the thing I'm being told off for to be so utterly irrelevant, and it was just so funny to see the teacher so passionate about it.

12. photoguy93

I remember being like, 10 or 11 and going to my biological grandfather's funeral (I didn't know him well..only met him like once.) I sat there, and the super sad music started to play. I immediately wanted to laugh. That was the first time that happened for me. It's gotten better as I've gotten older, but truly - it has to do with tension. It's like..the minute you know how serious something is, YOU WANT TO LAUGH. You aren't a terrible person...it happens to ALL of us.

13. Hiems

I've done some inappropriate laughing too (idk if this would offend anyone, so I apologize in advance). When I was in catholic middle school, my teacher decided to dedicate religious studies period to doing rosary prayers. We said the prayers again and again. Because it was so repetitive, I started to laugh a bit, trying to control it but I couldn't. Then it was a domino effect - all the other kids started to laugh as well. Strangely enough, my teacher just kept going with the prayers, ignoring all of the snickering students. But that was the last time she ever did rosary prayers in class.

14. lexi

lexi Guest

Well, I was at this school play (wizard of oz if you were wondering) and 2 rows behind me was a kid with Tourette's or SOMTHING...every time it got quiet, he would scream. Loudly. And it would make a gurgling noise in his throat..

Anyway, I was laughing so hard I was crying and even wet myself a little. My friend didnt help at all, her laughing just made me laugh harder, then when i finally stopped my boyfriend would quietly imitate the scream and we would both be laughing to hard we almost fell on the floor...

Everyone around us thought we were horrible, and my friend says we're prolly going to he'll for that, but I really couldn't help it! Compleatly in appropriate though..

15. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When we were watching Of Mice and Men in my English class (spoiler alert!), when George shoots Lennie in the back of the head after telling him about the rabbits and their happy future, the class burst out in laughter. It was very odd to see. A tad bit disturbing :lol:

I'm not much of a laughing out loud person, so I don't have any stories to tell about myself.

16. AAASAS

It's a nervous reaction, I do the exact same thing. At my grandfather funeral I wanted to laugh when the priest was going on in "Macedonian" and swinging a scented candle around on a chain. It was because I was extremely uncomfortable with the situation and despite me being sad, my brain automatically tries to make myself feel better by focusing on what is funny. I didn't laugh, but I knew that during the funeral I would get extremely anxious and had to try my hardest to hold it in. It is almost like tourettes in a way that you can't really control it no matter how hard you try or want to focus on something else.

Doesn't make you heartless or anything; just human. I laugh at any uncomfortable situation; it's the only way I can deal with it.

17. Punk Cowgirl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just today in the car my parents were talking about something serious, and I started thinking about something funny my brother's friend said, and I just started cracking up. They just ignored it though, because they already know I'm crazy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Then once we stopped to get gas, and my brother and I were waiting in the car, then someone came out of the gas station pushing a man in a wheelchair. But right then my brother pointed out that a sign on the door totally looked like a dick. So we couldn't stop cracking up and then the people saw us and looked at us like the horrible, evil people we are. In our defense, the sign really, really looked like a penis, and it was really funny. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Sahale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It tends to happen a lot when I'm watching Western movies, IDK why.
    I remember watching "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" with my dad when I was a teenager, and laughing when the mine manager guy gets shot and falls off his horse. My dad didn't think it was funny that I laughed, and after the movie was over decided to go into a rant about how my generation was desensitized to violence. :rolle:

19. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I remember in Year 2 when we were all sitting on the carpet, while the teacher started talking. My two freinds and I made a kind of mini-triangle formation, and one of them started laughing. Then the other. Somehow, nobody noticed. Then I just had to laugh, I couldn't help it, not to much, though, just quietly. Finally the teacher notices and gave only ME detention.

I always laugh when other people are laughing, even if I don't know why they are. Plus with the fact that I laugh at almost everything, I'm pretty hopless at keeping laughter in.

Actually, I'm laughing right now! :laugh:

20. GlamKat

The school I'm in currently went to Germany for a school trip. While in Germany we visited the Neuswanstein castle. In front of the castle there's this boutique and a bunch of kids from the school tried to steal and got caught. 6 fessed up and didn't go in the castle. When we came out the principal explained that there was still stuff missing and if they didn't get EVERYTHING back the people who owned the boutique would call the police, the kids who were already caught would get locked up or something, and we'd have to spend at least another 3 days in Germany. To add, the school already had to pay 50 euros for each item stolen.
    Needless to say, it wasn't a laughing matter. In the end 6 other kids fessed up. But while we were waiting to be told we could leave, me and a bunch of people were talking about it and it was serious. Some kids were crying because their little brothers and sisters had stolen.
    However, as we're talking about this, this guy just starts GAGGING and practically vomits behind us. I could not contain my laughter. I was crying it was hilarious!!
    I felt so bad for laughing, but I just had to.

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2013 at 01:10 PM ----------

You would be a fun person to have in class! XD lol!