1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay vibe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gruver, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gruver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So recently I've come out as gay, knowing since 6th grade but finally admitting it as a junior in high school. Most of the time people don't believe me, they say I don't give out the gay vibe. I'm not the stereotypical gay. I don't flap my wrists or talk with a lisp, I seem just like a straight guy. And most people believe I am until they find out. Do any of you have the same issue? If so, what worked best for you to not mind it, or solve it?

2. mattay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the exact same issue, man. But I DO have a whole different side (my gay side, you could say) to me that comes out when I'm with the friends I've come out to. Not sure if it's the same for you, but it's pretty funny seeing the change. lol. :slight_smile:

3. worriedWardrobe

I bleed fabulous, but I also can be very masculine when I have to, or when I'm around less accepting individuals

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Despite today's "mood" I do not exude fabulous or give out any sort of vibe whatsoever. Most people I came out to were surprised, and those who were less surprised came to it from knowing me over a longer timeframe.

5. That Kid

I kind of exhibit that "gay side" around certain people as well, not necessarily just the friends I've come out too but just anyone I'm comfortable around. Around others, I tend to be a bit intimidating (idk how someone like me can intimidate anybody, but whatever :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

6. BornInTexas

I am that mysterious kid in the corner who likes heavy metal. But for some reason...every person I have come out to... KNEW that I was gay before I came out. It's weird. I don't even know where they get the idea from.

And apparently, I am starting to get "the gay lisp" according to my friend. I guess I give off a vibe, but I don't notice it or eminate it on purpose.