1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I had an idea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hatewallonfb, Apr 10, 2013.

1. hatewallonfb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all,

I am looking for answers. I just came across a post on facebook and it pissed me off. So I had an idea I would like to run past you. Depending on what you say will determine if I go ahead with it. I only want to do what is right but I am conflicted. Ok, here is the story.

I saw a picture of Obama kissing Hugo Chavez. I normally click on things like that just to read the comment from people. Mostly dumb comments. This time the first one I read was not only dumb it was hateful. So I clicked on the guy's name who posted it expecting someone with little education or social pull. Turns out his is highly employed. Possibly with our tax money. hmm. Should he get away with that? He thinks that no one important to him will ever see it? Then I had this idea.

[​IMG]

My question is, is this a good idea? Am I going too far? Is it legal? What do you think?

#1 hatewallonfb, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    DO IT.

Honestly, I don't get what your trying to do.

3. BudderMC

Depends. If you're the one who posted that stuff in the link, no, it probably isn't a good idea. That's effectively bullying, whether you think of it that way or not.

I don't understand what sinking to his level accomplishes. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc. etc.

As for is it legal... you're probably fine, but I'm sure someone could argue a case out of it.

I don't see what you benefit from enacting vengeance tbh.

EDIT: And I'm sorry but I had to remove your link, for offsite contact. If you want to edit your original post to make it make more sense, message me something and I can change it.

4. hatewallonfb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, I created the screenshot and added the text. Then I created the facebook page. I may not agree with people's views when it comes to being gay. However, I believe that allowing it to exist publicly only fuels others to think it is ok to post stuff like that publicly. The plan is to seek out people like this and expose them to their employer. People care most about their job. Say it caught on and made it to the nightly news. Maybe people like that would think first before sharing their views. BudderMC: Could I post the image here so this can make a little more sense?

5. BudderMC

Like I said, I removed the link, so I can't check the image. If you can send it to me or post in the Ask The Staff subforum, I can look it over for sure.

6. That Kid

If you're implying that he works a government job (even something like a teacher or a cop) he needs to present himself in an appropriate manner outside of work. Those comments should not be tolerated by his employer; and if they are, that's really f*cked up. Expose this bastard, let's make this as big a deal as we can! :badgrin:

7. hatewallonfb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks PM sent with the images. I made one with the identifying info blacked out. It does not really matter though. There are a million examples of this on facebook. It will only get worse until people understand that facebook is the front page of the new york times and you can't do that unless you are prepared for confrontation.

8. Sully

I don't like this, makes the LGBT community sound like whining sissys. IMHO.

9. hatewallonfb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's why I asked. I don't want to make anyone look bad. Is it the wording I choose on the image, or just the whole idea in general. Thanks for your time.

10. hatewallonfb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There does not seem to be much interest in this on either side. I think what I should do is simply do it myself. This guy's employer's website is government owned and he is a county employee, not that that should matter. I will simply fax my screenshot to them anonymously and see what, if anything, happens.

I'm not sure why I feel so compelled to do this. I am not even gay. I guess this guy represents the bullies that picked on me when I was a kid. I got over kids being mean, they are kids. But adults who act the same way should be corrected, life's not a playground. As fellow members of this planet we should not allow this to keep happening on facebook. Not just for lgbt but for anyone who is publicly ridiculed for just being who they are.

EDIT: Or better yet, create an organization that sends the info to him personally, no one else. The goal here is to get it to stop happening. If I send it to his employer and he gets fired then all kinds of bad stuff will happen. My karma is ruined. But if I send it to him with an understanding that what he did was wrong and provide resources for him to understand his hate better than maybe I can change him, one person at a time.

#10 hatewallonfb, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  11. PinkFluff

Do it! Do it naow!

12. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I don't know about this. The picture isn't even of a real same gender couple. Perhaps if he said, "You guys are faggots, gross," on a photo someone posted with their same gender lover...

I think you're letting a personal grudge cloud your judgment. As you said, you don't know why you're doing this, since you're straight...well, then you're doing this for revenge perhaps. At least, not for the LGBTQ community.

Sounds interesting, but for right now, are you prepared if that guy is uninterested in what you have to say? Will you be alright and move on or will you emotionally crash and burn?