1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay, but what happens to my x-girlfriends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JesseJames14, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JesseJames14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I was "straight" in high school. People knew me on campus, but never really knew the real me. I never really connected with anyone, except the people I dated. I had the girlfriends that I messed around with, but i was always polite not to kiss&tell like straight guys would normally do. I was the perfect boyfriend. Yet, now that I think about my 2 girlfriends I have had in high school, I begin to wonder what they must have felt when I came out.

I consider myself as a coward, but I wasn't ready, I guess. I don't think my friends would have supported it. Everyone heard of my gayness (heehee) once I had graduated. Never really faced anyone the next day on campus, because the next day high school was over.

I never spoke to my x-girlfriends again. Should I care? I spent 2 years with one and we became great friends, talked about everything and companions and even lovers at one point, but it wasn't enough. I've moved on since, but this is what I usually think of.

Random. Ugh.

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    dont think about it bud,

ive been popping cherries since i was 12/13... and didnt realise i was into guys till i was 20
    i dont really care about the ex's except for my first gf coz we have kids and so yeah but thats a different story

Welcome to EC by the way

3. Femmeme

Almost every woman I know has an ex that came out of the closet after they broke up, it's kind of a right of passage. They'll be fine.

4. JesseJames14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks folks!

5. LoveMusicPoetry

I have been married for nearly 11 years. Now my husband is married to a lesbian... Soon he will have an ex wife who is a lesbian... My son has a lesy mum... What can ya do? It's just the way it goes.

6. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

First off...you are a VERY respectful man for worrying about the feelings of your ex girlfriends. :slight_smile: You wrote that you were a perfect boyfriend to them, and that is what they will remember about you. So, you shouldn't worry at all about anything else. :slight_smile: You've done the right thing by them, and of course; by yourself, for now coming out as gay. :slight_smile:

As for speaking to your ex girlfriends. That's up to you. You certainly don't have to be cold to them, and maybe you can still be friends with them, which would be great. If not, that's OK. Just treat them as you would want to be treated. SIMPLE. :slight_smile:

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can only speak for myself...

By age 25 high school and all that teen stuff which is so important at the time simply becomes a part of childhood.

Remember Billy, your friend from kindergarten that you whacked with a shovel in the sandbox just for the heck of it? In that extreme example do you worry about Billy's feelings now? High school resides with that over time.

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2013 at 01:37 AM ----------

I don't expect you to believe this but time will be your teacher.

8. Fisnou

One of my ex-boyfriends, who I was friends with before going out, is now one of my best friends. I came out to him long after we broke up (after 9 years). He's the one person I talk most about my "gayness", it's awesome, he's the one that brings up the subject each time, not me, and we check out chicks together! :slight_smile:
    So yeah, it can turn out well with exes!

9. An old friend of mine had three boyfriends in her life, and they all came out shortly after the relationship ended :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: