1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend doesn't believe I'm a lesbian

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hyperaware, Apr 11, 2013.

1. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

So, a while ago I came out to this friend of mine and she was cool with it. But now she doesn't seem to believe me! She keeps introducing me boys as if this would change my mind or something. But I don't want to go all "HELLOOOOOOOOOO I'M AS GAY AS ONE CAN BE" and I don't want to have to come out again because the first time was embarassing enough. What should I do?

2. Crystal's Vaporeon

Are you sure she is trying to hook you up with these guys? Maybe they are just friends of her's who she thinks you could be good friends with, but if it's making you uncomfortable just talk to her.
    You don't have to specifically come out again, just tell her you are uncomfortable with her constantly introducing you to guys or that you aren't interested in new guy friends, something along those lines.

3. Rivers

If you're uncomfortable with meeting so many guys, remind your friend that you're not interested in guys. If she disregards your statement, she's probably not a very good friend.

4. 2dMnB

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe she thinks she can turn you straight. :grin: You don’t need to come out to her again. It’s probably the reason why she started hooking you up at the first place. Repeating it over and over again probably won’t change anything. But I have no idea how you could make her realize you’re not going to change for her sake.

Well, maybe have a nice long talk about it… As in “I don’t want you to set me up on dates with random guys because I don’t like any. I can find a date on my own, thank you!” Or... "If you want to play a matchmaker why not try with the right gender instead?” But that is if you’re completely certain she tries to find you a boyfriend. And if she needs extra proof you could always kiss her. :badgrin: Just a suggestion. (*hug*)

I feel so annoying right now. :lol:

5. leer

I do think she needs to be reminded I do hope she`s not thinking stuff like its just a phase you are going through.

6. LoveMusicPoetry

I have a friend who keeps asking me what I think of various men. It drives me mad. I just think it's she's only joking but I do find it boring. I don't want to be talking about men all the time, I'm not attracted to them and I don't have an opinion about them. I just say, 'no I'm not interested but I wouldn't mind a bit of... insert the name of nice looking female'. It normally puts her off and she changes the subject.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you say denial? :dry:

They'll realize over time that you were serious. Might just be part of the grieving process. Most female friends like to fawn over guys together I guess.

8. worriedWardrobe

I know the feeling :dry:

9. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

Thanks for all the answers, guys! But I do believe she thinks I'm lying or just going through a phase, because everytime I say a girl is pretty/hot she laughs and shakes her head. Ugh!

10. worriedWardrobe

That's so annoying! How do you not kill her?!

11. grizzleybear33

You should go up to her and kiss her:grin:

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not your responsibility to convince others of your sexual orientation. Lesbian or not, you're being put in an uncomfortable situation, so you should voice your thoughts or avoid that friend altogether, if nothing else works.

13. sanguine

I use to take situations like this as a compliment but then it got plain annoying and it comes with a bunch of ignorance attached to it.
    My own friends are ok with it, but strangers are the worst.

Just continue what you like to do and if she catches you doing something gay its not like she didnt know before hand.

14. Rexmond

My best fried is exactly the same! The only difference is that he doesn't introduce me to girls, well he knows that I'm actually gay. I find it weird that before most of my friends found out I was gay, they weren't really accepting of gay people.

As for your friend, you need to have a serious talk with her, if it's true that she doesn't believe you - because then she's not going to be supportive. You have to ask yourself what's more embarrassing: Coming out to the same person for a second time, or continuously having to go through this whole stage of meeting with boys?

The latter probably isn't embarrassing, just frustrating, but if you go for the first option - you can make it easier for yourself. Remember she already knows you're gay, so if you explain it to her so she understands, you already know how she's going to react!