1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a coward:(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by somegirl, Apr 11, 2013.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wrote the message all ready to send to the girl I like (I have very little confidence, so there was no way I could do it in person.) And then.. I deleted it all, logged off, and now I'm ignoring her:/ I just don't know what to do:/

2. leer

but Ur not a coward hun we all get like that sometimes :slight_smile:

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    relax, don't beat yourself up (it's difficult to talk to someone you like) and try again

4. nonotreally

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do this all the time :slight_smile: don't worry, you'll be able to say whatever it is you need to say eventually. Just be patient with yourself.

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just give her the message. I know it sounds impossible, when I was in your position trying to give my friend a letter telling him how much I loved him, it was the most terrifying thing I had ever done. I would have gladly leaped in front of a bus instead; that letter revealed an incredibly tender and vulnerable part of myself, I put myself completely into his power. He could have completely destroyed me if he wanted, could have ignored me, could have been disgusted, etc, etc. But he didn't he was kind and caring. We're still friends.

Think of it this way: there is nothing worse than the constant not knowing. The constant wondering what is and what could be. There's no way to move on from that, since you'd feel like you're willingly losing something, but yet you're never sure if you really have it. Better to be sad and dissapointed for a while, but be able to eventually move on, then to spend the next few months like you feel right now.

6. Rexmond

Giving the letter to my bio teacher was one of the toughest things I ever done. I didn't want to tell him I was gay in person, so the letter was a huge help! I know that I wasn't doing it to inform him that I love him, but I needed help, or some advice rather, and I couldn't do that without letting him know. Every time I held back, the regret and anger in my self grew stronger, until it accumulated enough to push me to the limit.

I didn't have any support at the time, so it shouldn't be as difficult for you! The relief you feel will worth it, won't it?