1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting girls at college? Will I meet someone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lawRAWR, Apr 12, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

I will be going to College soon, in September. (!) When I get there, all my friends will be going out with guys, more straight people will be there; meaning that they have more choice... Yet, one of the main reasons why I questioned my sexuality was because I can see myself being with a girl at college, and it would be amazing. I will be 16 by the time I get to college, and I doubt many people will have known their sexuality (or come out) by then, although I know I have found mine.

How will I be able to meet other lesbians/bisexuals? I'm not openly 'out', so I doubt I'd go to any LGBT meetings early on. And what if there aren't many lesbians/bisexual girls? I worry that I will not meet any, and I will have missed out on a relationship that I could really need; someone to spend time with and to cherish. And I'm really picky with girls, (looks, personality) that probably sounds really selfish and self-centred... hmm. my options seem to be limited

And I don't think I could do a long distance relationship... :bang:

So yeah, I wonder if anyone is thinking these same things, and any advice would be appreciated. (&&&)

#1 lawRAWR, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. leer

maybe join a lgbt group if the collage has one would be surprised if nothing was available.

3. LD579

Honestly, options and opportunities are much more limited if you're not ready to be out yet. It can also be a source of tension in a relationship, actually. If you don't want to go to any LGBT+ club or get-together or anything (it sounds like you're open to going to one in the future), you really could only rely on hear-say or stereotypes (the latter is not very reliable at all).

There likely will be a proportionate number of LGBT+ people there, as there always should be, in general. It's different from race and such (some areas have higher concentrations of certain ethnicities and all) in that sexuality is kind of consistent in how its spread out, if that makes sense.

As for being picky... When opportunities arise, you may wish to consciously give others a chance. You never know what might happen.

Finally, you may want to just meet other LGBT+ people, not necessarily to date. By doing so, you'll open yourself up to a lot more potential dates and opportunities.

4. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I'm in college and I have yet to meet a single gay girl who wants to date me. Most of my friends are otherwise gay or lesbian there, but they are all taken!! I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile: