1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity- random thought

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MetalAngel89, Apr 12, 2013.

1. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

It makes me happy knowing that Shaun T from the Insanity workout program is openly gay. Men of his physique are sometimes so scared of coming out. SOME gay men like to hide what they are by playing sports and try to pretend that they are macho like "real" men should be. I know he is not the only one that has come out, but I am hoping that he can influence others like him. I wish this world weren't so judgmental and condescending towards gays and that people could be more open to who they are without worrying about consequences.
    Yes, I am a woman, but I feel like its a lot harder for men to come out and I hate that it has to be that way.

Feel free to comment.

2. Gen

Gen

I agree with how difficult it can be for men to come out, but I dont believe the all of them who participate in more masculine hobbies or interests are necessarily hiding. I dont believe the most common thing in these coming generations is a need to hide from their orientation. Most LGBT welcome the fact that they will come out to everyone at some point. I think the big struggle is the need to run from the stereotypes that are placed on us. Everyone wants to try to prove that their orientation has nothing to do with thier personality.

Though what we forget is that our sexuality didnt come after. We werent created given a psychological preset, then our sexuality was suddening pinned onto us at the last moment. Our sexuality is who we are. Not entirely. Its not everything, but its a piece. I'm not non-masculine, because I am gay. I am non-masculine, because I am non-masculine. Thats who I am, and thats a part of me that I choose not to hide.

The biggest factor in gay intolerance, is the belief that we stray from our gender assigned mindsets. Strictly masculine men and feminine women. Although support for diverse sexuality is improving, I have yet to see the same for diverse personalities, demeanors, interests, and individuals. I feel that those are by far the most scutinized groups in society.

3. redstormrising

is he? I do insanity and love it. now i love it even more :slight_smile: