1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Claustrophobia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crystal's Vaporeon, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Crystal's Vaporeon

There is a concert going on in my town right now, a few minutes ago I was there with my best friend and a few of her friends.
    Its 6pm at the moment, My best friend one of her friends and I arrived at the show ground at 1pm and hung out for a while, things were okay we were getting along fine, about 2pmish my best friend left to get on of her other friends, things were still going good. About 4.45pm about 15 minutes after the gates opened we met with a large group of her friends from that moment on I was ignored, they ended up going all the way to the front where everyone was crowding, I followed along and stood behind them the entire time, we were standing there ever since, at around 4.55pmish I started to feel claustrophobic as people packed in closer, my eyes began to tear up and I felt like I wouldn't breath. My friend didn't notice and I was still ignored.
    I was basically invisible, no one bothered to talk to me or even really look at me, my friend knew how much I hated crowds and knew how easily scared I was.
    I am now sitting in my room crying and barely able to breath....
    Sorry... I just wanted to get that off my chest.... But have any of you had similar things happen to you?

2. lawRAWR

Yeah, I get like that a lot, but it may be due to my slight anxiety/social phobia. I suggest that you find some better friends, especially if they haven't payed attention to how uncomfortable you were feeling.
    I hope you will feel better soon (*hug*)

3. BornInTexas

Aww. :frowning2: I hope you feel better, soon. I am not one for big crowds, and whenever they get too big to pack everyone in, and it's like a Japanese subway, I start to feel uncomfortable as well. Maybe you should try finding friends who won't disregard you that easy. Or at least tell your current friends how you feel. Either way, it would help you in the long run. If they don't get that you were uncomfortable being left behind and in a large crowd of people, they're not your friends.

That sounded mean...mmeh.