1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me identify this dance move (Koda Kumi video)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gravechild, Apr 13, 2013.

1. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll start off by saying I don't know the first thing about dance, minus some very basic terminology. :lol:

That said, there's at least one move in this video I'm interested in learning, but before that, I'll have to define it!

From the looks, it seems to be either a variation of the grind, shimmy, or perhaps a combination of both at once? Either way, it's something I've seen several times before, but never took the time to notice. Since I've taken a mild interest in clubbing and dancing, though, I wouldn't mind starting with something similar.

[YOUTUBE]D3ggjkOkNvk[/YOUTUBE]

3:46-3:47

Of course, if you recognize any of the other half dozen moves from the boys and girls in this video, feel free to name them, too. :thumbsup: There are hundreds of tutorials online, so chances are, there's probably some chance of learning them.

2. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Unfortunately i dont know this dance... but I love koda kumi and own everything shes ever released xD sorry.. just needed to say that!

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, it's probably just one of the hundreds of variations of grind, quite common in hip hop dance. Definitely one of those 'must know' moves for any beginner in the scene.