1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosmetic Surgery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FeministFemme97, Apr 14, 2013.

1. What do you guys think about the idea of cosmetic surgery? Does anyone here want it or has anyone had it done? If so, what procedures? :slight_smile: Any responses would be great, thanks!

2. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I will most likely have some later on in life. To fix the high amount of ugly, I am cursed with.
    Until then, Forever alone in corner. :l

3. Hexagon

I dislike the culture which drives people towards modifying themselves in pursuit of unattainable physical perfection, but I recognise that there are also times when its a good thing. Being trans, I anticipate getting some surgery (some would say its cosmetic, whatever).

But, all that said, I actually prefer small boobs.

EDIT: I should be getting top surgery in about 6 months. Yey

4. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm all for it. Mother nature can be very sloppy while making some of us. :eusa_doh: As for myself, I plan on getting a tracheal shave done in the next 2 or so years. :3

5. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What is that?? Sounds like something to do with the Throat?

6. Yui

Yui

I've had two beauty marks removed because I hated how they looked, wasn't medically necessary and it was done by a plastic surgeon to ensure I didn't end up with ugly scars that could have been avoided- so I guess it was some sort of cosmetic surgery.

They were both on my body (back+stomach) and they made me feel really insecure. They weren't that big but I just found them soo gross. I remember that even when I was around 4 or 5 I was already ashamed for having them and when I was older I refused to wear a bikini so that no one could see them and be disgusted by me. I don't think beauty marks are a big deal on other people but for some weird reason I thought they made me really ugly...

I think if you don't like something and you have the right surgeon and you're aware of the risks and able to make an informed decision - go for it and get it fixed.

I certainly won't think any less of a person just because he/she had plastic surgery. For some people it really makes a difference.

Though it really has to be done for the right reasons - if someone has a condition such as body dysmorphic disorder, it's obviously not the right way to go.

But then again, this is why there has to be a responsible and sensible surgeon involved, who doesn't do crazy things just to get his clients money.

#6 Yui, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  7. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. :3 It's where they shave down your adams apple as much as possible. Mine is obnoxiously large, and is a major player in the daily dysphoria I put up with. It just screams "guy", so I keep it covered at all times. I also want to have my vocal cords worked on, but trying to have both surgeries done at the same time would delay the main surgery I want for a lot longer. :icon_sad:

8. photoguy93

It would really depend. I'd consider doing something that fixed a "problem." Wrinkles are wrinkles. But a really bad turkey neck? Yeah, I'd probably do something for it. If I had really, really, bad eyes (that over hang drives me nuts) then I would probably fix it.

It's really a personal decision. This whole "I hate our beauty driven society" argument won't matter. Instead, we just need to be happy with what we want to do. Hey, if you want to have your face pulled tighter than it will go, then fine. Just live your life!

9. Jameson

I think I'm attractive and I'm okay with my body, so I wouldn't get any cosmetic surgery for now.
    I'm for it, though. I feel that if someone wants to get rid of or enhance something on their face or body they should be able to do so. Getting surgery to look different isn't all about trying to look like what society deems "beautiful", sometimes it's about what you think looks "beautiful" :slight_smile:

10. IrishEyes1989

I'm actually looking into getting cheek implants because I don't have very prominent cheekbones. I'm also getting otoplasty, which is a surgery to have your ears pinned back. One of my ears sticks out a bit and always has. It's never bothered me a whole lot, but I do get self-conscious about it sometimes. I've given both procedures several years of thought and I feel ready. I am seeing a local cosmetic surgeon soon for a consultation and I am excited and a bit nervous for it. If I do decide to go ahead with the cheek implants, I'm going to make it clear to the doctor that I want as natural a look as possible. If I ended up with the puffy tennis ball cheeks that some celebs have, I'd die! LMAO

So yeah, clearly I have nothing against cosmetic surgery, I just think that people should do their research first and make sure they find a surgeon who won't totally cock it up :slight_smile:

11. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Each to their own. I don't think I would do it, but as I get older, my thoughts may change

12. steelygreye

Personally, I don't think a transgender person transitioning into their proper gender counts as "cosmetic surgery". But, I don't think I'll ever get that kind of surgery. I'm perfectly fine with not being attractive, because there is so much more to me than what I look like (I know, stereotypical lesbian response). xD I think it has mostly to do with self perception and how one carries their own "flaws", you shouldn't expect everyone to deal with them the same way.

I can deal with having an absurdly prominent chin, but maybe someone else can't. I won't judge them for trying to help with their confidence.

13. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care enough about how I look to go through painful surgery to change it. If I could wish away the mole on my cheek, no pain, no effort, I would. But I'm not getting surgery on it unless it turns cancerous (which is a remote possibility - moles are benign skin tumors).

14. Naren

I will have as much as I can to look female.

15. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Everyone I know says it's shallow, but I disagree.
    I'll use breast augmentation as an example because I know someone who underwent breast augmentation. She's not a "bimbo" or anything, she's a really smart scientist who doesn't spend her time with makeup or anything but instead does awesome chemistry! She doesn't really care about her appearance that much.
    But her breasts were tiny pre-surgery, practically non-existent (I knew her before the surgery, trust me). She confided in me that she'd never worn a bra, and that she had measured her breasts against her husband's to convince him that this wasn't really shallow and his had been bigger.
    According to her, she was bullied a lot in high school because of this. And she became really insecure about it. So she decided to do it because it would make her feel a lot better about herself and she thought it would be a great value, plus she could actually wear normal women's clothing without a bunch of random fabric in the front.
    So she did it. Nothing wrong with that.

16. FruitFly

In the past I planned on having facial surgery, body sculpting, breast implants, a nose job, pretty much anything and everything to try and restructure myself into something I'd prefer to look at. Now I have come to a point where although I'm ugly (or perhaps I should say not as aesthetically pleasing as I would prefer) it doesn't bother me that much.

Plus I guess I kind of came to the conclusion that it was better to love me for being a sows ear than try to make me into a silk purse and be constantly disappointed.

17. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I have had 1 procedure done, the only surgery I've (luckily) had to go through. But, it is kind of embarrassing and I don't think I'll post the details here haha.

It was a really minor removal of a mark on my body, on a location usually covered by clothes but I wanted to removed even though no one normally would ever see it.

18. bb1984

I have breast implants...

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't see any problem with it. If it raises somebody's self confidence, why should I care?

With that said, I've considered rhinoplasty in the past and I'm still thinking about it. My face is unattractive and my nose is way too big for it.

I also need top surgery somewhere down the road, but I'm not too focused on that at the moment. It's not cosmetic, anyway. It's all medical. If it weren't, why would health insurance cover a portion of it?

20. Alexander69

I had a nose job on my mothers recommendation. Well more like she made me she said I had an ugly nose.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2013 at 12:05 AM ----------

I want to have a longer chin like a stronger one. I also want my cheek bones to be a bit bigger like more defined. I have good features already I just want them to be more "defined" I guess? That's te word? Idk lol

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2013 at 12:06 AM ----------

I would love to have a different hair line also