1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you donate to charity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Apr 15, 2013.

?

Do you donate to charity?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. Alexander69

Do you? What charities? Are they the ones at Christmas or things like that? My parents don't believe in donating to charity which severely bothers me since we have so so much. The least we could do is give back.

So do you guys donate?

2. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

Yes, I do donate. :slight_smile: I donate to the Lifeline Organisation in my country. I donate to
    Guide Dogs Australia, The Royal Children's Hospital Foundation, and I make donations towards helping those in Africa. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2013 at 08:41 PM ----------

I obviously voted "Yes", to your Poll for this Thread. :slight_smile:

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do! I set about 15€ every month for charity. Generally, I tend to set up my bank account so it automatically transfers that sum to a charity of my choice.

Currently I donate monthly to UNICEF, but I tend to switch every year or so. In the past it was the Red Cross, and before that the WWF (the wildlife fund, not the wrestlers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

On top of that, I try to donate to special charity drives as well.

The way I see it, some of my money was due to sheer luck (luck of being born here, luck of having fairly affluent family, luck of being talented enough to get a good job...), so I have an obligation to share with people who just weren't so lucky.

4. Hexagon

I do donate when I can. I'm pretty hard up on money, so its difficult :frowning2:. I really wish I could donate more.

5. Iowan1976

I donate to several charities: the local humane society, public television, food pantry, different cancer funds, and salvation army.

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nope, I am a child and have no money. :l

But, future? Maybe...

7. RainbowMan

I donate to the local university (gets me access to their library), the robotics program that I'm involved with, and the Free Software Foundation.

And my company has a matching gift program, so everything I donate is dollar for dollar matched! :slight_smile:

8. Sapphy

I don't donate money, but I do donate my spare time to help out with abandoned dogs. I've only just started volunteering, but it's very rewarding.

I don't like that donated money goes into the system and sometimes shows no real use. At least by donating my time, I can see the good it's doing for those little dogs to have somebody walk them and show them some love. :slight_smile:

9. BudderMC

I don't donate money very often, but I do on occasion. Mostly because I feel like I can't spare the money, though if I planned it out I'm sure I could.

I also much prefer volunteering than just giving my money to people. It shows me that my effort is going to somewhere good - donating money doesn't always do that.

10. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I really wish I could donate more as well. :slight_smile: One of these days, I know I will be in a situation where I can donate a lot more. :slight_smile:

11. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I donate to the British Heart Foundation to give something back to research after my life span was returned to normal few years ago following heart surgery to implant a high tech device inside my heart. A family relative was not so fortunate; he died many years ago from the same condition as me when he was just 15 years old. If today’s technology was available years ago then he would have been alive today.

Sale Gay Guy

12. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I give monthly to a group called Plan, Because Im a Girl that works to educate young girls and women to help break poverty cycles. I also give to Autism Speaks.

13. asmith6543

I dont give money to charity groups. Whenever I see a homeless person, I run to a gas station or fast food, grab food and take it to them. I give them a hug, give them money and the food. I start talking to them, ask them to share their story with me about why they ended up where they are.

14. prism

My time, blood, hair, and bone marrow for Hapa patients.

My favorite opportunity has been assisting in teaching sculpture courses in an urban arts school. Other than that, I've volunteered at hospitals, marathons, schools, blood banks, museums, food banks, and random events that call for volunteers (restoration and food delivery during Hurricane Sandy).

15. Hitch

I donate my time. I'm currently a big brother at Big Brothers Big Sisters

16. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I sponsor a child in Vietnam and have "adopted" several animals through the WWF.

But for some reason, whenever a crisis happens, like the Tsunami or the 'quake in Haiti, I really begrudge giving anything.

17. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not really, once in a while I put my change in those charity boxes they have the mall. A month or so ago I tried donating a little to cancer research uk, but my card was rejected. I would like to at some point.

18. Bolin

Nope, unfortunately. Living in a single-parent household, I have to save whatever money I can scrap up.

19. Bree

Not at the moment, unfortunately. I'm unemployed, carrying student debt, and struggling with depression...so it's not really an option. My parents donate as much as they can scrape together every year, even though are family isn't that well-off.

20. No, I don't give to charity - I just don't trust them enough. Instead, I started my own. I think that counts?