1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Crush (Long Story)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Perseus

So he's a year older than me and we go to the same school, where as he is in the grade above. I only spoke to him once when he thought that my pencil case was really nice. I actually met him in a debate club but I never got to speak with him. He's a really kind person and really social (he talks to a lot of people). Some people in my grade know him and they seem to be great friends with him. I don't even think he knows my name although he probably noticed that I stare at him a lot, he just looks at me and I freeze and just stand there looking like an idiot. He also talks to girls a lot and I'm wondering if he's flirting or he just has a lot of female friends. (I have a lot of female friends too) I'm not sure if he's gay but he almost has the exact same lifestyle with me and we have the same sort of shoes, clothes, and even wear the same suits at dances. I'm a really friendly and sociable person with my friends but just really shy when I'm with him. I eat lunch with my guy friends while he normally eats at the table next to us with his guy friends. There's still a really long list of things we have in common and I'm not going through it XD I know lots of you are gonna tell me to just go talk to him but how can I do that if he doesn't even know me? It would be pretty awkward if I just walk into him and start talking... :help: :help: :help:

2. damn liar

That wasn't a very long story. :icon_razz

It seems to me like you're afraid and shy because you want him to like you too and are afraid of saying something that either stupid or not interesting/funny enough for him... is that the case? Because if so, you have to abandon that mindset and go in with a 'this is me, take it or leave it' attitude and just be the real you. Because if you're not and you're putting on a facade just so he likes you... well, then 6 months down the road the real you WILL surface anyway and he's going to be like 'who ARE you?'

But if you have that attitude and not worry about how you'll come across, I believe you'll be more relaxed around him. Also, seek for group situations when you're with friends you have in common and talk to him then. Not ONLY to him, but make comments on what he's saying, ask questions and then, say hi when you see him in the hallways and then, once you've had a few conversations with him, you can go and talk with him when he's alone and see if you have any common interests which could result in you two meeting outside school. It will take time, though, I'd suggest not to excessively rush it.

I'd be terrified to do any of the above, but it's good advice. :grin:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Perseus

Thank you very much for your advice and I think I'll try! Just that I can't help it when he's near me because I just suddenly turn super shy!

I thought I was going to write a long story XD

4. damn liar

Yeah, I know what you mean about turning super shy. Just imagine you're talking to your best friend, or someone who you know really well! :slight_smile:

Keep us posted!

5. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If he doesn't really know you, then what's to lose? It'd be worse if it was someone you really knew well, because then you risk losing them. I say you just go for it! Just start a normal conversation, and gradually build it up! Good luck with whatever you decide! x

6. TheWrongWay

If you never talk to him, then nothing's going to happen. You know, say hi if you see him. Little things like that. If you can bring yourself to talk to him, do it. If you can get over the awkward stages, you'll probably find that it's really easy to talk to him, and it'll come a bit more naturally.

Best of luck!
    He sounds really nice xD

7. Perseus

Thanks everyone! Maybe I'll go and talk to him sometime, thanks for all the encouragement!

(And I'll keep you all posted :wink: ) haha

8. Perseus

I was planning on doing it today but he was talking to his friends while I walked past him and I didn't think walking into their conversation would be very nice... Then I saw in the afternoon but he was in a rush, maybe I need to find a better situation to talk to him? I had our conversation in my head last night but I still get really shy when I'm around him.

There was also something that surprised me today... I saw him wearing pink shorts!? I never thought he would wear those (he's not really a person into that) but maybe it's also a sign he wants to show? Or is it just a new fashion trend?

9. LD579

Er... I suggest that you don't get your hopes up about the pink shorts. When I was in grade 8 and 9, pink shirts were a 'thing' / fashion fad for the popular guys. Likely all of them were and are straight.

As for talking to this guy, just make sure that you really want to talk to him (It sounds like you do). If these situations keep coming up (He's busy, or he's talking with friends), you may want to just 'intrude' one time. Obviously you wouldn't try to be rude or anything, but... Anyways, that may not even be necessary.