1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluid sexuality and legal implications

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Reptillian

Lisa Diamonds is going to be talking about fluid sexuality and legal implications. Fluid sexual orientation has been denied for a long time because of the false dichotomy that sexuality is either born v. choice and literal denial of possibility of fluid sexuality from lgbtq organization. Fluid sexuality/sexual orientation starts to become accepted to a degree where there are places you'll be accepted if you had experienced it.

All of that being said, what are the legal implication of fluid sexuality?

#1 Reptillian, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why would there need to be any?

3. Hexagon

Are you talking about legal provision for a few sexually fluid individuals (I don't really see this as necessary, beyond the legalisation of marriage and homosexuality), or are you talking about a large scale restructuring of society because everyones sexuality is really fluid?

4. Reptillian

I'm not sure of the actual percentage of fluid sexuality. But I'm going to assume at least 4 percent of 10 percent of the people in the world experienced fluid sexuality. 0.04*0.1=0.004 or 0.4% of the world experienced fluid sexuality. In a population of 256 million people, only about 1 million of them experienced it and most who do will not tell you about it. I am not sure why Lisa Diamonds wanted to talk about legal implications of fluid sexuality, but either way, I'm sure fluid sexuality will be coming up now that more people are acknowledging the existence of fluid sexuality.