1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh, the lows one can sink to...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by damn liar, Apr 15, 2013.

1. damn liar

I have just spend the last... hour? two hours? on my friend's fake Facebook account (since I don't have one) staring at my crush's profile page, reading every single thing he's posted and marveling at the (very small) profile pic... The next step is creating a fake account of my own, befriending one of his friends and hoping his photo setting are on 'friends of friends can view this'. :grin: What are the odds of that happening, btw?

Yeah, this is pretty much the lowest I've sunk to so far. In my defense, he's cute and straight.

So I was wondering, does anyone else have similar stories they'd like to share? We can feel desperate and pathetic together, if need be. :grin:

2. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do that more then I would like to. A lot of my friends friends are so damn hot and I cant help myself.

3. BudderMC

Wait, why can't you just make your own Facebook?

That way you could actually befriend him and actually have conversation with him. :slight_smile:

4. Femmeme

^This^

5. BornInTexas

I've befriended my crush, but I don't speak to him because I'm afraid to talk to him, and I might say something stupid, but meh. I've stared at all of his pictures for dayssss. xD

#CreepyModeActivated

6. UndercoverGypsy

Oh yes, I've done creepy shit on my crush/friend's profile. Luckily, you can't see who's been creeping on you, so I'm safe for now...

7. damn liar

That is a good idea. But he doesn't use it that often and I really don't like Facebook. At all. And knowing myself, I'd probably just fluster all over the page. :eusa_doh:

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2013 at 02:09 PM ----------

Yeah, precisely. :grin:
    I'd be the same.

Yes, thank God Facebook doesn't tell you that. Otherwise he'd for sure send a message to the fake account (which is of a girl) and my friend who also uses that one would find out that by 'stalking my secret crush' I didn't mean what she thinks...

#7 damn liar, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  8. Jared

I would give it a try, it might work out better for you than you think. Maybe he likes you too, you'll never know if you don't give it a try, it worked out pretty well for my boyfriend :wink:

9. Perseus

You just have no idea how many thousand times I've just sat there starring at my crush's every single post/photo. Can't believe someone else apart from me would do that!? XD haha Im just feeling the same way you do...

10. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Ahhh, what I am missing out on by not having Facebook :grin: hehe

11. funnylion

funnylion Guest

I tend to do the same but with Twitter. Most of the time that's much easier because not very many people have their accounts private.

12. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I photo-stalked my ex before dating him. We're actually friends, though, so I didn't friend him solely for the point of photo-stalking.

13. damn liar

Meh, I don't know... I mean, he's straight; everything I know about him points in that direction.

14. evora

I do this too. I keep checking up on her so much, it makes me feel like a stalker.:icon_redf
    And if that wasn't enough, I always go for walks hoping to see her..that's really pathetic.

What makes it even worse though, is the fact that I have more than one crush. I have four.:bang: One of them lives very far away so I don't think I'll ever see her again but that doesn't stop me from looking at her fb page. Another works at Lidl, but I don't know her name and couldn't find her on facebook so I only see her once a week when I go shopping with my mother (who doesn't know that that's the only reason I go with her)...
    The other two, unfortunately, live near me and I've known them for ten years but hasn't really talked to them. Although, at one point I was in a dance class with one of them so we changed together a lot (funny how I seem to remember that, it was a long time ago).

Don't feel bad about going through their account on fb, at least you don't follow them anywhere in real life.:icon_redf

15. Harve

Oh, I do love a good FB stalk. Even if it's someone who I'm not at all interested in/out of boredom.

I don't think I've ever read someone's *entire* FB profile before (thank God). Normally I'd go back a month or two and think 'okay, I should stop now'.

16. damn liar

@evora: Worry not, you're not alone. Since November, whenever I see any red car I can't help but hold my breath for a second and hope it's his.

... and that he'd see me and ask to go for a ride with him. :eusa_whis

@Harve: It wasn't that long. :icon_razz He doesn't share much with the regular peasants.