1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self-Worth Issues with Family

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4ever Hearth, Apr 15, 2013.

1. 4ever Hearth

Am I the only one or are there others who feel as if they could do more for their family name? i.e doing something that everyone who bares your name could brag about it.

Though I am at odds with my family more than I would like, I do find myself wanting to be apart of their circle by means of having pulled-off something that they could atleast pretend to like me over. Especially in regards to my father. Some days I wake up feeling like crap because i'm not tall, super-athletic, have a deep voice, admired by others, etc.

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

2. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Yes I do I feel kinda depressed trying to do more but family always downgrades its so fucking annoying

3. Aielar

This is something I struggle with pretty much everyday...but for me, it's a combination of failing family expectations and internalized shame about myself.

4. BornInTexas

My dad doesn't like the fact that I am not athletic, either. He keeps pushing me to try and play sports, but I really have no interest in it. He used to talk to me about being a big althete, one of the short ones, but apparently is really good.

He doesn't seem to take into account my poor hand-to-eye coordination. :l