1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Career Choice:Be A Veterinarian

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by panda, Apr 3, 2008.

1. panda

I took my cat Sugar Bear to the vet yesterday because he was sick and the vet gave me a quote of $1,138.15 for all the tests and IV and overnight stay.I decided not to do the MRI which knocked off $450 but still.Hmmm. Of course I said go ahead.I just phoned and his temperature is normal,he's eaten and they've done more blood tests.$$$$$
    I love him dearly but sometimes I ponder the cost.A friend spent $6,000 on his Airedale .

Is this money well spent??

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Depends on how much you love Sugar Bear. Pet costs can be very expensive. I hope he gets better soon Panda and you still have money in your pocket. :slight_smile:

3. InaRut

O_O Jeeeeezzz....
    You think an animal wouldn't need all that but humans are sure pet crazy...aren't they?
    Lol

I know we've spent FORTUNES on our animals before. I think the vet just injects anything he can into the animal without killing it. Lol.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

We have pet insurance so we never have big bills like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I could think of better ways of spending £500 then on a cat.

5. panda

Smart guy having pet insurance. I always think I'm saving money by not getting it.

But Sugar's my buddy and a member of the household.And who else would chase the squirrels and raccoons away.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

I think our insurance is like £12 a month sooo maybe its worth it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: especially if he got hit by a car, that would cost thousands i imagine >..<

Atleast you dont feel like your paying more because its in such small amounts over a period of time.

7. Jim1454

They really are members of the family. I love our golden so much - I don't think I appreciated her as much before as I do now. She can tug at my heart at the best of times with those big brown eyes... just the thought of her being sick or injured brings tears to my eyes.

I'm not sure how much the bill would have to be before I said "no - just put her down." It would have to be pretty high. I just hope I'm never faced with that choice...