1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Trend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Perseus

Today was the first day of school after the spring break for me. The weather turned quite warm so a lot of people were wearing shorts. Some of the people were wearing pink shorts which nobody wore before last year's winter... I was wondering did this symbolise something or is it a special day today that caused people to wear these pink shorts?

As I don't know if my crush is gay or not, and he was also one of these people wearing these shorts so I really want to find out if this means anything? Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. LD579

It's probably just a trend. A quick run through google showed no results of any sort of 'Pink Shorts Day' or anything (Oddly enough, there is a 'Pink Shirt Day' for Canada). Unless... there's been advertising for some sort of day / event which encourages pink shorts in Switzerland?

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen a ton of people wearing bright colored shorts...so, it's most likely another trend.

4. Hefiel

I've read a little while ago of this trend partly influenced by LGBT movements. Pink is more present in male clothing.

Is the influence real? I don't know, but pink shirts and shorts are definitively common at the stores.

5. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    New trend. All the boys here wear bright coloured clothes too. Not always pink, but you know what I mean. One of my cousins said "Only because real men can choose to where pink. It shows how courageous they are" :lol:

Did it come from LGBT movements? Nice to know. :grin:

#5 DannyBoi66, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  6. ChefJohnny

Its spring time! So you should be wearing bright/light colors and patterns. :wink:

7. Naren

People do that here. Pink, bright red, bright blue, etc. Looks garish.