1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Positive Moment =}

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kraftykrow, Apr 16, 2013.

1. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just wanted to share with the community, a lovely moment I had with my mother.

I've been with this wonderful boy for the last 3+ years and my parents love him. But as of about year ago I've been coming to terms that I'm not bisexual like I thought, I'm just into girls (or at least that's how I feel now). My parents are upset, but they support me. My parents are against gay marriage, but are not hateful. They just believe differently and I'm ok with that for the most part.

Anyways I was sitting with my mom the other day and randomly I turned to her and asked if she'd come to my wedding if I ever did marry a girl. She looked at me in a shocked sort of way for a moment then said, "Well of course I would! As long as this girl is good to you, I'll be there." (*hug*)

In short, even people with different beliefs can still be civil. Unfortunately a lot of the world seems to think you either have to be one extreme or the other. I'm curious if anyone else has relationships with people who might think differently from you on the topic of sexuality but you still manage to get along. To me, it's inspiring. (&&&)

2. Hexagon

:slight_smile: Some good people do exist. I'd began to wonder.

3. theMaverick

Awwww that's awesome!!

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YES! :thumbsup:

My dad once said (before I was out but I was asking about his beliefs) that Gay marriage isn't really marriage. However, years later when I came out to him he was nothing but supportive. He says I could have a civil union, or a ceremony other than a wedding, but if I had a wedding he would definitely go. :slight_smile:

My friend who is also against it said she would not only go, she would make me a cake for it LoL I know good people. :grin:

Don't think my sister would approve if she knew though....

5. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

Amen!!! :eusa_clap

6. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems that love does overpower hate! Nice to hear that you parents are compassionate people.

7. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's awesome! I'm glad the people in your life are understanding as well. Sorry that your sister might not approve though :frowning2: Maybe you'd be surprised. I've recently just started telling my close co-workers. Most are older ladies and I'm surprised how cool some of them in particular are with it.

I haven't asked my dad yet, but I'm sure he would come too. A traditional marriage isn't actually all that important to me, since I'm not religious, but I'm happy to know my parents are behind me.

And I agree! Love does overpower hate :slight_smile:

8. Naren

That's great! Lol if I asked my dad something like that he might have a stroke.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Thanks! I'm happy for you too! People can be wonderfully surprising! :slight_smile:

I wouldn't count on my sister approving. She says gay people can marry the opposite sex and still be happy LoL

10. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure if I find that funny or sad about your sister :frowning2: I do hope she comes around eventually. There is no in my life, that I know of, how opposes who I am. Though I'm not sure if they are all aware. Regardless I am very lucky in that aspect. Still, regardless if she approves or not, you are who you are :slight_smile:

11. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep it's all we can be! :grin: I'm so happy that you have such wonderful support. God bless~<3 :kiss: