1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel more comfortable around guys or girls?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sully, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Sully

I'm 19 year old gay guy, and I just thought this would be an interesting question.

I'm only out to a couple of people and I'm really not what would fit the camp gay stereotype. If you met me in the street you'd never think I was gay.

Long story short, I feel A LOT more comfortable around chicks! In almost every social interaction I find it far more easy to talk to girls and I tend to naturally gravitate to them and am far more extroverted. If I'm around friends who are straight males I tend to be far more reserved and quiet.

So are any other gay guys like this?

2. Zmajcek

Zmajcek Guest

Well, I would say that girls approach me more easily than guys do. And this is probably the reason why I feel more comfortable around them (most of the times, at least). However, interestingly, when coming out I came out to my guy friends first and left the girls for last (with only one exception). I think for me it was more important to get their acceptance and to be able to hang out with them and bond with other males without any secrets.

I would say to a large degree being sometimes uncomfortable around guys has to do only with the fact that I feel they might reject me if they find out I am gay - this applying to people I just met somewhere or just started bonding with. So it's all in the head, otherwise I prefer the company of guys over girls, it's just so tiring overanalyzing everything with girls all the time...

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't consider my friends differently by sex, but I'm definitely closer to my two best guy friends than my female friends. With people I've just met, I tend to get along with both guys and girls equally, but a lot more girls than guys seem to be around me (I think it's my anglicised accent that does that) when in large groups. But I'm equally comfortable around both guys and girls; it always comes down to the person.

4. Lewis

Hmm. I guess there's certain guys and guys that I feel less and more comfortable around. It depends on their personality. Bitchy people are a huge no-no for me. I always see through people and just don't want to be around them.

5. Dalmatian

I feel more comfortable, generally speaking, when I care less. I don't really care about what girls think of me, so it's easier. It's just that not caring also means that I usually don't find them interesting anyway. In any social situation, I'm more likely to prefer conversations with guys. I mean, I'm most comfortable talking to kids; that doesn't mean they are my preferred company.

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Girls.
    All the guys at my school are immature, assholes I'll pass on that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Hexagon

I feel more comfortable around girls. They seem more open to friendship, and they don't feel threatened by my attraction to guys as well as girls.

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Most of my friends are straight men and queer women, in about equal balance. That's not intentional by any means. Ever since I stopped going to my school's LGBT club, I just haven't been making gay male friends on my own. And it's not like I seek out lesbian/bi women; for some reason, a disproportionately large percentage of the women I befriend on the basis of us getting along well end up being lesbian or bisexual. Make of that what you will. :shrug:

9. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    usually men. l don't last long with most girls. l had a female best friend for a few years but she didn't ask me for serious advice.

10. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Agreed!

11. Hefiel

I'm not generally comfortable around people, but for the few that I let in my world, it doesn't matter if they're guys or girls. I do have more in common with other males though, so I might have a slight preference towards them in a non-romantic way.

12. Van

Van

I usually get along with girls better. I've never had many male friends and I don't talk to many guys. My closest friends have always been girls, except for one guy who I was really close with. I generally feel more comfortable among women. Guys confuse me, especially those guys that I find attractive.

13. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

Girls for sure. I don't really know how to talk to guys...I've had one guy friend and all the others were girls.

14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Slightly more comfortable around guys, things are simpler and more obvious with guys, girls always keep me guessing...

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can get along with both, surprisingly, but the relationship dynamics are completely different. With women, there's a lot more sharing of emotions, in-depth discussion of relationships, and the conversations usually last a lot longer. With men, although they seem a lot more superficial and surface level, there's this innate trust, like you know they'll have your back when something goes down. While the relationships with women appear a lot deeper, they're also much more volatile, there's more drama and hurt feelings, and for the stupidest reasons. With the men, there's really no strong investment in the lives of one another, and while it appears we're distant, the bonds are usually long lasting, and take something extreme to break for good. We usually drift apart without a word said. Some of my pet peeves are that women sometimes want to know everything that goes on in your life, and men sometimes treat anything as a competition. Of course, general rule, and there are plenty of men and women who fall near the center, or on the other side, completely.

16. Moxxy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i feel much more comfotable with guys , as it makes me feel more girly.

17. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Get on with guys much better, I know a few girls but there not friends. All my friends are guys and I sometimes feel uncomfortable around girls for some reason.

18. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

For me, I guess I pretty much just feel comfortable around people in general. Very comfortable with girls because there's no pressure whatsoever, but I'm cool with guys, too. I mean, if there's a really hot gay guy, I might start to drool a little... Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But my friends are really an even mix of guys and girls.

19. lawRAWR

Mainly girls, depends if we can actually have a laugh and talk about stuff that we enjoy. I can see through fake personalities and those people are a certain no-no for me to be around.
    I can get on well with only a couple of guys, and they seem to be the intelligent guys... :/

20. leer

it does tend to be guys I get on with better with but sam at work she knows me inside out