1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I go about this.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Phoenix92, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I have a classmate whom I suspect to be gay, yet he's not told me. What would be the best way of asking him so as not to sound like I am probing or trying to be judgmental.
    :help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

2. PantiePirate

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just talk to him. Mention guys you find attractive like celebrities, ask if hes ever had a relationship, pretend you have to write an essay on gay rights for another class and mention it, see how he reacts. Just talk about relevant things and look for clues, no matter how subtle.

3. LD579

Well... Is there a reason you think he should tell you? Perhaps (I don't know) your relationship is not that close. Even if he knows that you're gay, it doesn't mean that he's necessarily comfortable with coming out to you. He may even fear that it would be construed as coming on to you (Even though that may not be the case).

He may not even be gay, or anything, and may just be straight. I suggest that you be a good friend to him, first and foremost. With that said, you could always bring up some LGBT+ topic or person and see how he reacts. Maybe you could reiterate some situation you've had in which you've come out, and ask him a question about what he thinks.