1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D: I just stumbled across this and it's HORRIFYING!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sully, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Sully

2. JennyLynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no words. Okay I have a few. I am simply appalled by this article. This is horrifying and sad. Why people have to be so cruel I will never understand. I noticed that this is a year old story, but still makes me angry that it is still floating around the internet.

#2 JennyLynn, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. That Kid

I still don't know why we allow bigots to use the internet, I'm just hoping that shit like this goes away in the near future.

4. Perseus

It's so sad and depressing that people would even say things like this. They just have nothing better to do with their lives. :/

5. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

Not just appalled by this article... the whole damn website. If anyone is going to hell its people like him.

6. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    *Sigh* I can't be bothered anymore :angry: What to say? Nothing. It's not worth your time.

7. FJ Cruiser

Many people will always find a reason to hate one other, whether it's your sexual orientation, religious beliefs, skin color, whatever. We know they're crazy, most Americans would agree they're crazy, and the tide is clearly turned in our favor. Getting up in arms about homophobia on something as harmless as an obscure website of people using their First Amendment rights doesn't help anyone. That picture has won more support for LGBT rights than a website like that could ever think to damage. Homophobes are really only preaching to each other now, and it's rather harmless if you're confident in your identity. That said, that picture (other than the humorous censoring) is absolutely fucking adorable, and it makes me happy everytime I see it.

8. photoguy93

I could care less about what this idiot thinks...it's the people who follow him that scare me!

9. Hexagon

You know what is unnatural? Clothes. Money. Glasses. Houses. Computers. Whether or not something is natural is not and adequate measure of an action's morality. An adequate measure of an action's morality is whether it causes harm or restricts the freedoms of others. Two men kissing does neither.

And as for the second objection, I respectfully suggest that if god has a problem with two men kissing, god gets his non-existant ass over here and stops it. Come on. Nope, still waiting. Oh well.

10. MatthewJS

I like the photo... BUT DO THEY HAVE TO CIRCLE THE KID!!!! C'mon! its just a damn kiss! and the article is poorly written! bigots...

11. Hexagon

I agree. Seriously, there is nothing wrong with kids seeing men kiss. Like OMG, men have lips. THIS CHILD WILL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE.

12. Pain

Pain Guest

Not worth a scrap of attention.

13. Clowstar

the kid isn't even facing them. more than likely, he didn't even see it. there. now you don't actually have to be a parent and explain to your child what's going on.

14. DanD

This website should be taken down right away. Surely it's infringing the equality rights of human beings across this planet we all share for a short time.
    As many of us should contact the site and protest against their uneducated articles.

15. Hexagon

I agree that its a terrible website, and its writers are certainly in need of education, but it shouldn't be taken down. Freedom of speech and all. I may not like what they are saying, but I will support their right to say it. Not that I won't drop sites like this a few comments, also protected by freedom of speech.

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Hexagon. As unenlightentened, ignorant, and bigoted as the article (and the site) is, they're entitled to their opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the folks that wrote the articles on that site also hate blacks, Jews, Muslims, and believe that women should be at home and only go between the kitchen and the bedroom. It's just that they can't politically say such things publicly any more. There are a lot of really stupid people in the world, and the less attention we give them, the better off everyone is.

17. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After further inspection of their website I have deduced that they are batshit Westboro insane. I did get one chuckle though, as the corner of their website reads "CAUTION: This website contains information not subtle to children.". XD

18. Music Heals

That website seems horrifying!

19. Sully

I just can't believe they censored the kiss!

20. JPC

JPC Guest

That's so ridiculous that it's almost comical.