1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fundraisers *cringe*

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by opti, Apr 20, 2013.

1. opti

So its been said a few to like have a fundraiser to maybe help me pay for hrt so i can use my resources to prevent myself from being homeless, cuz dammit ill go homeless to be myself... my struggle and transition to be myself is kinda most important to me cuz i feel like i cant not be myself anymore. i just want to be me

now one of my dreams is to start a foundation using public funding to do some things... like a chain of like emergency shelters specific for lgbt. i want to further that and be able to help ppl start a good life(provide love friends success more than just shelter).. yet here i am at the bottom struggling with the same issues i want to help other ppl with...

so i feel like any sort of fund-raiser for myself would be bad karma, greedy, and i would feel horrible. i dont even know how to go about such a thing and if my heart isnt with it i wont succeed (my heart would be in it doing it to help other ppl) so should i just save that idea for another time and place or how do i pursue more (or pursue my dream idea)
    this is confusing im so sorry
    sorry

2. Hexagon

Ooh, I have no idea how you might go about something like this. Perhaps hold a party or something. Anyway, I just wanted to express my support.

As for the ethics of holding a fundraiser for yourself, I think its perfectly fine, assuming you tell people its for yourself.