1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do some of you(homosexual people) have a 'special kind of crush' on the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TSN2012, Apr 21, 2013.

1. TSN2012

Okay, we know that bisexual people can be attracted to both sex, physically and sexually. But do any of you homosexual people out there have these 'special crushes' (I can't find a better word for it) on the opposite sex? For instance, on a celebrity.

Personally, I'm gay. I can't get turned on by women, doesn't matter if they are naked Victorian's Secret models or the hottest women alive. However, I do have these special crushes on some women. I find them especially attractive and will go to see a movie simply because they are in it. My big crushes include Rooney Mara and Anna Kendrick. Charlize Theron and Emma Stone also used to be my crushes as well.

Basically, my question is the same as the title. And if the answer is yes, please tell us their names (Jennifer Lawrence, Rooney Mara etc..).
    Also, I would especially love to know if lesbians have guy crushes as well (Bradley Cooper, etc...) It would be nice to see if lesbian people have similar crushes on the same guys and if gay guys have similar crushes on the same women.

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Do some of you(homosexual people) have a 'special kind of crush' on the opposite

I think J-Law is really funny and beautiful, but I wouldn't really consider it a crush.

3. Sapphy

Re: Do some of you(homosexual people) have a 'special kind of crush' on the opposite

I don't feel anything for men. I can see handsomeness, but don't feel any sexual attraction the way I do for women.

4. Dalmatian

I was watching Game of Thrones yesterday and the new actor, playing Missandei, is simply astonishingly beautiful. I replayed the scene just because of her. However, it's a kind of appreciation of beauty in an aesthetic way, not sexual at all. It's almost similar to how I would be awed by a beautiful landscape or an undersea scene or similar. It fires up my mind, but not those parts of it.

5. TSN2012

That was a beautiful way to describe your feeling!

6. Black Swan

Sort of. There's Matt Smith from Doctor Who, but that's more of an "awww I wish we were buddies" than a crush. Also I once had a small crush on a guy friend, but I believe that was because I was hiding my sexuality from myself, it didn't feel right. I have way more lesbian crushes on celebs.

7. Re: Do some of you(homosexual people) have a 'special kind of crush' on the opposite

I don't have any crushes like that. There are guys I really like or admire, but I don't feel the same for them as I do for women. "Crush" just isn't the right word, I guess.

8. Hefiel

I'd have to say Simone Simons, she's just beautiful.

[​IMG]

9. eatsleepclimb

I agree. Some of my best friends are boys and I really like to be around them, but not in a crush kind of way. I can mostly tell when boys are attractive (except for that guy who plays Peeta in the hunger games. What??? All the girls in my class think he's hot but I can't see that at all) but I've never really been attracted to them.

10. TSN2012

You don't find Josh Hutcherson attractive?!! :tears: I LOVE Josh Hutcherson! And when I say love, I mean I imagine myself getting married and have children with him, every single day! He's like my biggest celebrity crush of all time and every time I see his picture my heart melted. <333
    Okay but in all honestly, I can see why people think that he's unattractive. He doesn't exactly have the 'hot guy' look. Okay i'm getting out of topic now lol.

Thank you for your input!

11. JustMe2602

No, not really actually :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. jeanie

jeanie Guest

I really like Robert Downey Jr., and whoever it is that plays Thor (but only when he plays Thor). It's not the same as a "crush" though because I know I wouldn't have sex with/date either of them if given the chance. There are famous men who I love but in an admiration and respect kind of way.

13. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Someones probably going to laugh at me but Johnny dep't in pirates of the Caribbean, yeh im that gay the only guy I think is attractive has long hair and eye liner :slight_smile: its his sense of humor and the character he plays rather than johnny dept himself and I wouldn't date/sleep with any male acters its more that Id wanna meet him

14. Beware Of You

Yes I do have a heterosexual crush on Hayley Williams from Paramore. She is just so incredibly talented and just beautiful, plus she seems to be such a nice person

[​IMG]

15. Cotillion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Also, holy crap can she sing. Her voice is amaaaazing.

16. Hefiel

She's an incredibly awesome singer. Great band, and I loved the work she did with Kamelot as well.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah, I get that. I have a huge admiration for Helena Bonham-Carter, that verges on a crush, and on some girls I have known (and only one at a time), but I definitely have 0% attraction to girls. I think straight people get it too, but are just more reluctant to admit it (my best friend is certainly straight, but he has obsessions with certain male singers that are exactly as you describe).

18. BudderMC

I guess I'd call it being a "pretty big fan" rather than a "crush", but I do like Hayley Williams (of Paramore), Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence (her interviews... lololol).

19. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yes, I'd say so. Both regarding well-known individuals, and occasionally in person as well. As others have said definitely not that sort of attraction, but some mix of personality and aesthetic beauty all the same.

However I can't really think of any specific ones off the top of my head. :lol:

20. prism

There are definitely men that I find attractive, but I would never want to see them without their clothes on. ;P