1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pastor and homosexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MixedNutz, Apr 21, 2013.

1. MixedNutz

Found this on Tumblr

I went to church with my family tonight and the pastor said something that I think every Christian should hear
    Pastor: Now, according to a few passages in the bible, homosexuality is a sin.
    Couple of older males in the audience: Amen!
    Pastor: Now, wait, I'm not finished.
    Pastor: You know what else the bible defines as a sin? Divorce.
    -uncomfortable silence-
    Pastor: There are countless passages that talk about how divorce is wrong, and that there are consequences to getting a divorce, such as the wife should be stoned.
    Pastor: Yet, I witnessed a divorce just this morning. And I gotta tell you, it was heartbreaking, but I definitely didn't attempt to throw rocks at the wife, even though she was the one who filed for divorce.
    Pastor: We choose to overlook the consequences of divorce because time has proven that they're inhumane and cruel.
    Pastor: The bible doesn't say anything about the consequences of a homosexual lifestyle. Yet, we seem to be spearheading a campaign to ruin the lives of people we don't even know.
    -the pastor shifts a few notes around-
    Pastor: The bible states to love thy neighbor. That's it. There are no other rules or restrictions to that passage.
    Pastor: So, we as a church family have to support equality with a smile on our face. THAT is the true Christian way.

2. Hexagon

Well, I hope someone listened. Unfortunately, there is still way too much religiously motivated homophobia :frowning2:

3. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

Yes! I just found this on facebook a couple days ago and one of the comments said that it was faked... either way, its a great message and should still be passed along.

4. Devious Kitty

Regardless of whether this specific quote was fake, there are plenty of religious figures who have said essentially the exact same thing. Personally, I don't agree with the position, but I will hold my tongue and choose my battles.

5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A message that most likely went over the heads of those attending. I'm sure those older males will be looking for a new church soon if their pastor continues to preach on actual Christian ideals instead of encouraging them to be intolerant and hateful. "Truly righteous gay hating Christians" deep down know that Jesus would be far more ashamed with their conduct and sins than he would over us. That's why they squirm like maggots when approached with parts of the Bible they choose to ignore.

6. Rexmond

Wish more pastors would say this. One of my friends say that his church preaches that gay people have a 'demon' or an evil spirit which is why we're gay. A load of nonsense, but he believes that. Nothing I can do to change his views.

7. Ticklish Fish

you should tell them their headaches are all demons too lol

8. OutwardSmiles

Well I'm glad someone said it! I don't see why most Christians believe we should hate other people just because they're different! "Oh, you're gay? You're going to hell." "Oh, you're a different religion? God hates you." "Oh, you believe something I don't? Fuck you." I'm a Christian, and I am starting to hate other Christians! In the Bible, the one main rule is that we're supposed to love our neighbor. What do they do instead? They use little verses in the Bible to say that other people are wrong/evil/committing a sin. And then what do they do right after that? Well a lot of the ones I know will go have unmarried sex, go get a divorce, or do other things that the Bible is actually against. I'm a queer Christian and I will always be a queer Christian, but it's pretty hard to love my religion when it seems like I'm the only one who actually follows it.

---------- Post added 21st Apr 2013 at 06:51 PM ----------

Sorry, I just needed to rant.