1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you attracted to people outside of your race?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BloodyRose3000, Apr 21, 2013.

1. BloodyRose3000

I'm a weird combination of Indian/Scottish/Cherokee/Afro-Trinidadian, but I suppose I have more of a middle eastern type of look (or at least that's what a lot of people say). On some unconscious level I must have a bit of racial paranoia or some kind of inferiority complex, tho, because I feel like most people aren't romantically interested in people outside their racial group. Personally, I'm attracted to just about every ethnicity, for the most part, but I tend to think that I'll never be in a relationship with anyone simply based on the fact that there's a limit on the amount of people that look like they're apart of my "ethnicity" (whatever that actually is). Plus, I assume that people of other ethnicities wouldn't be interested in me because I'm not white or Hispanic or yada yada yada.

2. BornInTexas

If I am attracted to a person, it doesn't matter what race they are.

3. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm attracted to all kinds of ethnicity. I dont see how it can be such a big deal to some people.

4. J205

J205 Guest

I'm really not sure.

5. Shyguy5

I'm both Filipino and African American and I would as I'm more attract to guys outside my race for some reason. If a guy has certain facial features that I found attractive and he is either Filipino or black than that would be a different story. But the guys I'm attracted to in school/college rarely share the same ethnicity as me. I'm also attracted to all ethnicities but it just depends on the guy.

6. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm black and I'm attracted to both woman and men outside my race. In fact I find my race to be the least attractive. Lighter skinned black women I find are very beautiful but absolutely nothing else in that area. It's not some self-hatred thing, its just the way I'm wired I guess.

7. Jared

I'm mostly attracted to other white guys, but definitely not only white guys. My boyfriend and my most recent ex are both Asian.

8. AKTodd

I don't care what race someone is and am racially mixed myself (call it roughly 3/4 white,1/4 black, plus a bit of Cree Indian, although I don't know the percentage or what part of my family it hails from).

I like and am usually first attracted to hairy guys so if a particular race (or a person of a particular race) isn't naturally hairy then I'm less likely to be attracted to them on general principles. General principles is not never however, and I've seen my share of smooth guys of every race who I thought were very nice:grin:

Beyond that, over the years I've found that when it comes to actual face to face encounters, I tend to be attracted to racial types that I'm 'familiar' with or have been around for a while, but take a while to notice people of races that I haven't encountered before. After a few months or a year or so, my 'radar' seems to reset however and from that point forward I'll find myself noticing, and being attracted to, members of that particular race.

Todd

9. Ridiculous

On average I would say I judge people of other ethnicities to be more attractive to me than people of my own (which is European). However the individuals that I find most attractive usually seem to be European, even though on average I would judge them as less.

10. redstormrising

i'm asian & hispanic and my partner is caucasian, so yes.

11. FruitFly

Theoretically, yes.

However I have not had many chances to test this theory out as I spent most of my life in areas where you're considered ethnically diverse if you come from the neighbouring county :wink:. Most of the things I do are not exactly ethnically diverse either, so if I wish to try out my theory I need to actively go out and seek people rather than my usual technique of just bumbling through and letting people come to me. So while I may now be in an area of England which is known for its ethnic diversity, I do not find myself in the sort of situations where I can genuinely build any sort of attraction to anyone anyway regardless of their ethnicity.

I can't imagine ethnicity would be a barrier to my finding them attractive though.

12. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

Yes, certainly. I actually don't find other whites that attractive, with the exception of redheaded girls. But I won't turn someone down based on ethnicity.

13. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yes i am... i prefer caucasians though...

14. valon

valon Guest

Okay, this might sound kinda racist, but... okay. I really don't care about race when it comes to attraction. And, I certainly wouldn't not date someone because of it. And, I'm literally attracted to any race or skin color. BUT, here's the racist weird part. I'm not attracted to nor have I ever been attracted to black men. And, it's really odd. Black women are totally fine and attractive to me. Not that I don't think black men are attractive, it's just I personally am not attracted to them. And, I don't know why.

15. I'm Chinese and Vietnamese, and yes I am and partly. The reason why I say partly because I'm attracted to Eurasians (Caucasians/European and Asian), White people, and Asians. I lean a bit towards asians however.

16. MatthewJS

i'm attracted to Filipinos and asians. its weird.

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I had to choose, I'd say Eurasians, Central Asians, and certain types of Eastern Europeans come close to ideal, physically, for me. 'Pure' natives, Southeast Asians, and Pacific Islanders are also up there. The features I find appealing in a lot of these ethnic groups can be found in any one, though, but even if the weren't, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Intelligence probably ranks higher overall than anything physical.

18. prism

I'm half Asian half Caucasian, but I look more Asian than White. I'm not particularly attracted to other Asians, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. :wink:
    If anything, I think being biracial gives me an advantage.

19. OutwardSmiles

Well I'm just a bunch of mixed white races with just a little bit of Native American (not even sure what type) but I live in an area with a lot of diversity, so I don't really think it would be a barrier for me. I do generally seem to be more attracted to white, Hispanic, and Native American people, but I'm also attracted to black, Middle Eastern, and Pacific Island people. I tend to be less attracted to Asian people for some reason though, especially the guys. It's not some type of racist thing either, I swear—Asian people are the second highest ethnic population in my town, so a large amount of my friends are Asian—I just find myself attracted to less Asian people than people of other races. I could probably still have a relationship with an Asian, though. I'm just weird. But, yeah, I think I could be attracted to any person of any race.

PS, sorry if I offended anyone with the terms I use for the different races; there was no offense intended. I was just using the terms that the people I know of those races are comfortable with.

20. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    just wanna add that im filipino and hawaiian and im attracted to fellow halfcasts aswell...

with women im not too fussed what race they are... with men i like em caucasian or halfcast