1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get over a breakup?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

hi so another thread i know lol but how do u become emotionally stable and get over ur first breakup?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #2 BryanM, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    everyone is different and have different ways of getting over a break up....

i wrote this big essay and then realised that it might be a bit too much so i deleted it...

hope someone who is good at this comes in and gives you a really good advice

4. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

It's okay :slight_smile: I like long essays lol

5. its different for everyone.
    you can go out and get a new relationship straight away or you can be alone for a while till you sort yourself out. (i recommend the latter)

time heals all, really. you go through a lot of emotions you more than likely dont want to feel because they arent nice emotions. you have to face them though to get through the break up and come out of it better and learning something from it, cry as much as you want e.t.c no set time limit for getting over someone. some people get over it in a week some a few months, some a year +. no one is the same.

trying to find comfort in someone elses arms (a new relationship) while youre going through a break up can seem like the best thing cuz you might not wanna be alone but it wont help you in the long run someone will end up hurt. surround yourself with your friends, write down your feelings and distractions are the best thing you can do. take up a new hobby maybe or do some exercise.

when youre alone and at night are usually (i found) when i missed my ex the most because im alone with my thoughts in bed, it was the worst. youll get over it though in time, dont push yourself to get over it take your time.

took me 2 years to get over my ex lol.

6. Danni8787

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going through my first heart break and it is just awful. I have never felt so down in my whole life, especially at night :frowning2:

7. YellowStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    the thing that helped me get over my exes the most was hating them. it may sound weird, but once I was able to hate them I got over them much faster. I spent a month or two pining over my first girlfriend after she broke up with me, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized she'd been a total ass to me and I was glad not to be with someone like that anymore. same with my ex boyfriend. now, I can carry on civil conversations with them and I recognize that they're not bad people, just people I definitely do not want to be in a relationship with.

usually when relationships fall apart, everything wasn't all sunshine and rainbows and then out of the blue you're broken up with. think of the ways in which your relationship wasn't good, or ways in which she mistreated you, and how happy you are not to have to deal with that anymore. I know with your first heartbreak it can feel like you'll never find someone who can make you as happy, or happier, than that person did, but you can. after my last breakup I almost gave up on relationships altogether because I thought there was no way there was anyone better out there, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to settle for someone like my ex again, so I may as well be single forever. then I met my now-fiance - we are completely supportive of each other all the time, we have great trust in each other, and we rarely argue. I never would have imagined, coming out of either of my previous relationships that something like this was possible, but it is. when you're ready, you can find someone truly amazing - better than your ex.

8. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thanks everybody I didn't accept him I feel bad bc he was different from me and we had and still have alot in common . That's why we broke up

9. prism

10. nastyafreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww,well first of all you have to think about yourself and you have to move on.I know it sounds difficult but if you try to achieve it step by step you can do it.People come and go,you have to think about your future,and maybe this happened for a reason,now you got a chance to meet the real love of your life.Dont worry and be strong (*hug*)

12. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a firm believer that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

But I'm basically a slut at heart. :wink:

13. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

Move onto the next! IMO you learn through experience and never get it right the first time, so just move on from that one and just remember everything that you learned from them.. for next time.

14. June Cleaver

Simple, just find someone else to hang with. It will keep your mind off of it. June

15. Connor22

Ice-Cream. Lots and lots of Ice-Cream.

16. RedLight

Ouch, that's always a tough one. I guess the healthies breakup I've ever had is the one where I focused on me. It wasn't about making him feel bad, or about making myself look better so he would go crazy about me, it was just about getting myself together. I focused on school work, excercise, and health, after a while it just becomes routine to keep doing what you're doing, and eventually you'll move on and be at ease with the outcome. Hang in there, I know it's tough but it'll get better.