1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids are growing up too fast

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PillsHere, Apr 21, 2013.

1. PillsHere

So I met this neighbor boy today. Keep in mind he was taller than me by about 4 inches (I'm about 5'8) and had obviously hit puberty. I had give aways that I was LGBT (bracelet on and such) and he made some very sketchy...comments. In short I'm about 99.9% sure he was hitting on me or at least suggesting he thought I was attractive. So we get to talking.

...Turns out he just turned 12. I feel really disturbed right now. Not that we did anything, of course, just...shudder.

In my day as a kid 10 - 13 yo we ranged around 5'0 and still thought opposite (or same, in this case) sexes were icky.

2. BornInTexas

That is really creepy...

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is certainly odd. Not sure what to think of that, but I do agree kids want to grow up too fast for their own good sometimes. Enjoy being a kid while you can before you can't be a kid anymore.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

While that is sketchy, I feel in general people aren't growing up fast enough. But maybe that's because I grew up so quickly my standards are kind of high.

5. Perseus

Wow! 6 feet tall at 12? That is really scary... :grin: Maybe he's more mature than other kids? Just tell yourself to forget about his age and try to know him better first :slight_smile:

6. PillsHere

Definitely not in maturity. Physically and sexually though, it's like someone spiked their juice with tons of hormones.

I thought he was yanking my chain at first, he looked to be no younger than 18. When I told him my age he didn't seem deterred, just "Wow, that's crazy. You look 15."

I made an excuse that I had to go take a shower, which I did, because I felt gross.

I don't think I could ever go anywhere relationship-wise with someone that young sensibly...or legally.

7. Sully

I think he wanted to :wink: lol

But seriously I don't think kids are growing physically faster these days :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: There's always mutants though!

8. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    The people in my small town are getting smaller and smaller. These days there is like 1 or 2 people above 5'8 and the rest are insanely short xD im the smallest guy in my school @ 5'2 and there is 1 girl who is 4'10 and 18, but is not a dwarf.. shes quite interesting and adorable :slight_smile: Everyone loves her, and shes hawaiian lol

9. animequeen567

Kids are defiantly growing up way too fast, but its even worse with girls nowadays. I met a little girl that was 6 that already hit puberty. Must be something in the food or something. Hormones and such.

10. YellowStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    same in my town, it seems like every successive class below me was shorter and shorter than the year before...hehe.

anyways, regarding sexuality it largely has to do with what the media shoves down their throats about how having sex/etc is what makes you "really" adult, not things like, say...having mature and healthy relationships, knowing and enforcing your own boundaries, being able to handle things on your own...

11. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a good idea. Just because he looks physically mature doesn't mean he's emotionally mature. A 12 year old who looks grown-up is still a 12 year old emotionally.

12. Eatthechildren

How can some one grow up "too fast"? People hit puberty when they hit puberty.
    I've had clockwork periods since I was 10, and I pass for around 18. It isn't my fault, I'm just that way.

13. Harve

I read somewhere (it might even have been here) that American and Canadian people are getting shorter whilst everyone else are generally getting taller.

I reached my full height of 190cm (I thought this was 6'4" but it's slightly less than that, so I'm not quite as tall as I thought I was) at about 13/14, so I can emphasise. Sorta.

14. prism

That's how I feel when freshmen hit on me/ask me out. Flattering, but I have stuffed animals that are older than you.