1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream place to live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Perseus

Where I live, people are not that accepting. And I've always been think about moving somewhere else later on in my life so I can just be by myself (without my parents) and come out to all my friends. Hopefully, I can find a man when I meet more gay people in my life. :grin:

But I've been thinking of where to go? What places are more LGBT accepting? And does anyone feel the same way? If so, what's your dream place to live? :slight_smile: Thanks for everything!

2. Ticklish Fish

my dream place is a house with my future husband and we do things in the house :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. BornInTexas

Of course I feel that way! I currently live in the southern United States, but I would love to live in Seattle, San Francisco, maybe somewhere in New England part of the states. So many places...so little time...

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to live in San Fran or L.A., Seattle looks nice except I think it rains a lot.

5. Perseus

:grin: That would be nice... though I just want to be able to hold hands in the public :slight_smile:)

America would be a nice place to live, but like in more accepting states maybe :slight_smile:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://runprincessrun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/castlekeeping.jpg

An awesome castle reminiscent of the High Middle Ages. Fortified, but not intimidating-looking. Big, but not "get lost in moving staircases at Hogwarts" huge. And lastly, elegant, but not opulent. So basically, a Goldilocks castle. :grin:

As for location, somewhere in California would be nice, or if it weren't for the economic struggles, Greece.

7. letitgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Canada. Somewhere in British Columbia, maybe Vancouver.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've lost count of the various fantasies I've had. Most have been short lived. Some have been impossible, like when I was a boy, and dreamed of living in 1936 Bayport (home of the Hardy Boys). These days, I sometimes wish I could live on a different planet, particularly when I see the news, and realize just how crazy people have gotten.

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2013 at 12:12 AM ----------

It does rain a lot. As the joke goes: Washington Rain Festival: January 1-December 31.

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2013 at 12:13 AM ----------

Such a nice small, cozy little home!:lol:

#8 BMC77, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  9. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    if I were to move to America I love San Francisco and Seattle , but like a typical tourist I have only done west and east coat of America where my family is the furthest in to the middle I've been is Utuh.
    UK I love Bristol and Brighton

10. Lewis

I wouldn't leave England, I'd probably move to London. Just to somewhere with more opportunities and life.

Where I live is pretty dreary.

11. Harve

In terms of climate, Seattle is probably the most similar place in the USA to the east/south-east of England, which is by far the driest part of the UK...except that Seattle has much drier and slightly warmer summers and is far sunnier than anywhere on these occasionally wretched islands. Just sayin'

I also thought that Seattle was in Oregon until I saw this post. OOPS.

12. BudderMC

You basically just described all of Canada.

--

I'd be fine to stay living in Canada where I am now. I'd much rather live somewhere plain-Jane and travel to other places instead.

13. silkfrog1292

London or Paris would be nice.
    Australia (esp. Melbourne) would be nice too.

But anywhere where I can build a life with my future hubby would be good enough for me.

14. Whenever I think of my dream places to live, the level of acceptance towards homosexuality doesn't factor in at all. I'm used to living surrounded by homophobia, so I guess it doesn't bother me as much. I never really thought of moving to a more tolerant place.

Edit: I have considered Germany or Japan, though. They are really nice for other reasons.

#14 Count Duckula, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  15. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    New York City.

---------- Post added 22nd Apr 2013 at 04:25 PM ----------

What bit of the country are you in? Don't have to be specific, just an area. Just wanna know how dreary you find it (and why).

I'm in London now, but from the south coast originally (small town with a shit beach), which was the epitome of dreary.

16. JennyLynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dream place to live is in a nice sized city anywhere. I was born and raised in the country, you know where everyone knows everyone, and it just isn't me. The city is what I long for.

17. 4ever Hearth

Reality-Wise, I really wanna check Canada and some choice places in the U.S out. But much like this, I would prefer to live in something like a blend between "countryside" meets "brownstone", somewhere very much diverse in residents and just travel to other places.

To be honest, I would love to live in my imagination. I could make anything I pleased, scrap it when I got bored with no consequences and I can just imagine other people there as well but they would be there on my terms.

For Instance, I see someone mugging someone else at gunpoint and I charge over and say "Give me the gun before I roundhouse you into infinity and beyond!" :roflmao:

How cool would that be, right?! :thumbsup:

18. prism

Having a loft where I am now would be lovely. :slight_smile: