1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkard conversation with mom

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CerahWright, Apr 5, 2008.

1. CerahWright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    okay... so i a fan of the L word, which is a risque show to say the least. well my mom (who knows its about lesbians and has sex) has asked me if she could borrow the DVDs and watch it. Now if that isn't weird enough, she also made a comment about being in the army and showering with lesbians and she its not like she "doesn't know what lesbian is like"... i quickly changed the topic cuz i really didn't want to hear about my moms past "girly experiences." (fyi- my mom used to be a femi-nazi and my dad was her bitch, so...)

just needed to tell someone, cuz my straight friends would wig.

2. Louise

I think you mum is just trying to tell you, in a slightly inappropraite way maybe, that you can talk to her about anything. I don't think anyone wants to think of their parents as sexual beings but hey, we are!

If your mum starts up again just tell her that you feel uncomfortable talking to her about things like that, or that you don't want to hear intimate details of her life but that she mustn't worry if ever you needed to you would feel free to talk to her. That should calm her worries.

3. InaRut

(Ohhh I miss'd you Louise. Lol)

Haha my mom has done the same. Well along the lines of awkward. You know teling me that "Sex" is a beautiful thing or standing in blockbuster...
    "Mom what movie are you looking for?"
    "Brokeback mountain."
    "Oh god no!"

^She didn't find it. Thank goodness. Just realize that in her way it's her telling you that she loves you and she wants to "Help" you even if you don't need help. It's the thought that counts really.

:slight_smile: Just see it from her viewpoint and moms seem alot less crazy.

Xept Louise...

4. Tim

Tim

It sounds like she's just trying to get to know you better. My mom has expressed sadness I don't tell her everything, and our family friends know more about me then her, made me feel sad too. Because of this experience, it just sounds like she's trying to figure out more about you, as well as telling you that you can tell her anything, she's not going to judge you.

5. Louise

Are you saying that I'm crazy perchance?... don't worry, you are probably right!

6. CerahWright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks it just really threw me b/c it was only 5 months ago she didn't even want to think of me as gay.. now she's thinking of turning Democrat and has distanced herself from her really Churchy friends (which makes me kinda sad b/c i really don't want her to lose her faith in God, its been a great help to her through the years)

but on the brightside, atleast she's there for me- as awkardly as she possibly can be, but i'm lucky not many people have parents like i do. like my dad bought me shirts that say "_____sexual" and "heterosexually challenged" it was just weird and i need to tell someone

7. Louise

It is not because she has distanced herself from her churchy friends that she has lost her faith, she is probably just moving away from prejudices that she no longer shares. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) Those are for your mum, good for her, she has moved from denial to acceptance!

8. Ty

Ty Guest

I think its great that your moms making an attempt to connect with you :slight_smile:
    I didn't read every single post, so sorry if im asking a question you've answered, but did you give your mum the L word DVD's ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And if so, what did she think of them?

9. CerahWright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i did, but yesterday, so i'm not sure if she's started watching them or not. I'll ask her when I go back to her house.

10. biisme

awwww....honey. (*hug*)

I guess it's the thought that counts!