1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JPC, Apr 23, 2013.

1. JPC

JPC Guest

I was just watching an episode of 'What Would You Do?' on YouTube that dealt with homophobia (one of several) and whether people would react if they say someone acting in a homophobic way towards a gay couple.
    It got me thinking about whether or not I would confront the homphobe or just mind my own business, and if I'm honest I'm not really sure what I would do. Obviously I would really like to think I would intervene, but I'm really not a confrontational kind of person so I don't think I would. but instead I'd maybe go up to the couple afterwards and offer some words of support or something.

Have you ever been in this kind of situation, as either a witness or a victim? How do you think you'd react if you saw this kind of scenario?

2. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes and and both. I witnessed it and I stood up for the gays. One thing that pisses me off to no end is when people quote certain verses at the bible at others. I told the homophobic tramp off and she was literally speechless. The gays thanked me and offered to buy me a beer but I politely declined.

Read above but nowadays I'd be more aggressive. I have had it with racism,sexism,ageism,homophobia, and much more. People are people and thats the way I see it. I don't care if someone polka dotted and/or pin stripped. I do not discriminate.

3. 4ever Hearth

This. I definitely agree with this.

4. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you. I guess I am an angry young man though. I am just tired of people being discriminated based on who or what they are.There is no time for hateful people in my life.

Wanna hear(well...read) something funny? When I hear and/or see someone being a discriminating a$$hole, know what I say? The funny thing about life is no matter who or what we are we all end up the same......DEAD! People just look at me with shock when I say that.

5. JPC

JPC Guest

This is so true, that's why I don't understand discrimination. We're all here for a short time to do our own thing and get on with our own lives. I don't see why some people go to great lengths to try to f*ck it up for others.

6. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Would you mind if I put what you said as my signature line? (!)

I agree with you 100%. But you always have superficial people that are concerned about appearance, looks, wealth, etc. That is life for ya.

7. JPC

JPC Guest

I wouldn't mind at all :slight_smile:

8. CTJ

CTJ

I'd probably be the one sat in a corner looking obviously distraught over the situation but do sweet fuck all about it. Then i'd spend the rest of the day imagining what i would have said if i had the balls to stand up for someone.

I think ive seen all of the gay related WWYD videos and most of them are really heartwarming that there are people that will stand up against blind hatred, it gives me hope haha.

9. Hexagon

I would say something. Probably many things. I don't let homophobia stand. Well, unless its towards me...

10. 4ever Hearth

:roflmao: This is perfect. I love this man! :thumbsup:

As for being an angry young man, personally, I don't think aggression is as wicked as most people make it out to be. Unchecked, yes, but Aggression in itself btw which is the "cousin" if not "brother or sister" of Passion is just as important to life as Kindness and Generosity. I think people just need to remember, Aggression doesn't always mean Fight not a physical one atleast. But if it came down to that in this circumstance, who am I to shy away from kicking some douche's ass who most likely had it coming for some time. But, thats just me. :icon_bigg

Honestly, I think they just get bored with themselves. I'm not exactly in the place I would like to be but I don't see how going outside and making someone feel like :***: for who they are is going to "fix" me. I remember one time this girl I was knew from school asked me why i'm so nice since the other boys were ranging from tools to thugs. And I told her "Honestly, you have enough problems already. I don't know what they are but i'm pretty sure you have your own issues. So why would I add to them when we could just laugh about it?"

She and everyone else around me really liked that answer. :lol:

Thats how I feel too. When it's toward me, I don't bother because I just tell myself "Throwing slurs at me and putting their hands on me are two different things." Now I understand that everyone doesn't feel like that and it's because as they feel, and rightfully so I might add, that noone should be subjected to harassment everytime they walk out of their home especially when it's over something that is noone's business anyways. And since I don't know how someone else will take it, i'll try to stop it but when I see it's a group and me alone. I checkout my surroundings and make sure that if this escalates, I stand a chance. It's like Captain Planet says: "The environment is your friend" :thumbsup:

Side-Note: For any young kids reading this. Ignore me. I clearly don't know any better. :dry:

11. TheUglyBarnacle

This.

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

13. JPC

JPC Guest

I want to bring the girls at the end of that second video with me when I come out to my friends :lol:

14. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You have got me hooked on these Lol Thank you for introducing them to me :slight_smile:

This on brought a tear to my eye :tears:

[YOUTUBE]Zhl9MLno424[/YOUTUBE]

15. JPC

JPC Guest

They're really addictive, I spent like 3 or 4 hours watching all of them a few weeks ago.