1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TestingitOut, Apr 23, 2013.

1. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you could have any artist paint/sculpt/whatever your portrait, which artist would you select, and why? What about their art style would capture you? Post an example of their work!

If you could live inside of any painting... which painting would you choose? And why? Post it!

2. FruitFly

Portrait
    If Zdzislaw BeksiƄski were still alive, it would have to be him. I love his work, the thought processes behind some pieces in particular would have been fascinating to say the least. If I were to have a portrait of myself, and if he would have even agreed, I think it would have been an interesting take to say the least. I really don't know what it is about his work that intrigues me, I just gravitate towards it.

the image is large, so here is a link.

Living.
    In the Gambia I met a fantastic street painter, I can't remember his name (and I cannae read his signature!) but it's a beautiful painting of the hustle and bustle of Bijilo, right outside the main tourist area. While I wouldn't want to live in Gambia I think his interpretation of that area is so beautiful it would be lovely to live inside of it. Eventually I'll take a photo of it, as it really is lovely. For 6 weeks I watched it progress from a sketch to the finished product, and it just captured my heart.

3. 4ever Hearth

No disrespect to well-known and celebrated Artists, for their art is amazing and timeless, but I would go with a street artist(specifically, not sure). Living in an inner-city, you see some very nice looking graffiti on buildings and you can't help but wonder, "Who did this amazing piece of eye candy?"

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to be the subject of a portrait by Lucian Freud:

Such power and honesty!

Attached Files:

5. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Fuck... this is hard. So many choices! I'll go with my latest obsession, or possibly two, both contemporary since I'd otherwise be here all day. The artist I'd first choose to paint my portrait would be Charmaine Olivia, simply because ever since I first saw one of her works, I fell in love with it. Her focus is mostly on female subjects, and her art is so vivid and full of life.

[​IMG]

The second choice of who I'd want to paint my portrait is Gabriel Moreno, another contemporary artist. His style is so distinct and signature, I can always tell from first glance that it's him when I view one of his pieces.

[​IMG]

If I could live inside any painting? I'll have to get back to you on that one, too many to choose from!

6. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. FruitFly

8. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooooh I am loving these so far. A lot of artists I have never heard of! Beautiful work being posted!!

as for me, I know Id live in an Edward Hopper painting.... Theres something a bit sad and isolated about his paintings, but his colors, the lines, the shadows, its all so beautiful that I would love, love, to be able to live in his artwork.

Andrew Wyeth's paintings also creating a beautiful world in my eyes. The calmness and peacefulness of both of these artists blow me away.

For who I would want to paint my portrait, im not sure. I knew this was a hard question when I asked it lol. The modern art lover in me would be curious what Rothko would come up with in terms of a portrait of me. Rather than focusing on how I look, Id imagine he would find the colors that I may represent or project. But for someone to do a realist image of me.... hmm I still need to think about it too!