1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of u live with ur parents?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I live with my parents and I'm 19 and so embarrsed ,but. Filling apps online to get a job :slight_smile: once I get the cash and everything I need I'm moving out !!!!!! :slight_smile:(!)

2. Rexmond

I don't live with my parents, because they wanted to move to the countryside but because I didn't want to move schools I'm staying at the old house with my older brother. Unfortunately, my dad comes round during the week to visit.

3. LD579

Well... There's nothing wrong with staying with one's parents. It's a fiscally sensible idea, and it can be very convenient (Not that you were suggesting that, or anything).

In that light, I stay with my parents still. With that said, it's not like I can move out now, anyways...

4. prism

I lived with my parents until I transferred to another university out of state when I was 19. Personally, I see no shame in living with your parents when you are young and have few commitments.

5. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I live with my parents because I'm an early teen. My brother also lives with us because he needs money. My brother is 23.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still with my parents. It's really a wonder where I'm gonna be in the next couple years, even housing-wise.

7. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank god no...

8. IrishEyes1989

I've been back with my parents for the past 10 months or so while I was completing a certificate program to upgrade my skills. I am currently job hunting and will be back out on my own in the next 3-5 months hopefully.

We are the Boomerang Generation, kids! Embrace it! :wink:

9. Harve

Moved to Scotland for university last September and I'm not financially dependent on them at all. HURRAH.

(I'll move back in June for the summer which will mean free food and other various stuff, but that's a minor detail)

10. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've live with my parents due to them being pretty close to the college I attend and that I'm unable to drive. Though let me tell you, I'm so ready to move out!

11. Dalmatian

Since I'm originally from a small town, I had to move to go to college and I never moved back. So, I've been living on my own since I was 18. However, I know many people here who live with their parents till late twenties and often later as well. It's quite common in Croatia. Actually, at some point it becomes more "parents live with me". I don't see a problem with that, if everyone respects some boundaries.

12. TSN2012

There's such a big difference between the Western and the Asian culture :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:! I am also 19 and i'm still living with my dad.
    For us, living with our parents is completely normal. Where I live, you can be 25 years old (or even older) and still be living with your parents and it doesn't matter if you are already independent financially. Personally, I can imagine living with my dad 30 years from now even if I am a big CEO of some major company, but the difference is it will be me who will be paying the rent and etc.
    I personally don't see anything to be ashamed of (unless you are like 30 years old and still need your parents' support). The difference in our perspectives and culture is shocking, but fascinating at the same time in my opinion.

#12 TSN2012, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  13. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just turned 18 and live with my parents. I work next door, so why move out? My boyfriend moved in with us and we did sort of plan to move out somewhere in the future and maybe start our own buisness, but things changed now that he is in hospital and things got uncertain.

14. evora

I still live with my parents. I don't think there is anything shameful about it, except if you're 30, have no job and live off their money... but I'm sure that's very rare.
    Around here, a lot of people choose to live with their parents even (or especially) after they are married with children because they wouldn't have enough money otherwise and it's not frowned upon or anything. I won't be that person, though. We would not get on at all but that's just me.

So until I'm not financially independent, I'll live with them, at least officially because hopefully I'll be away at university from September and I'm not planning on moving back home permanently after that, whatever happens, i.e. continue with my studies or look for alternatives.

15. Alexander69

I do I'm 18 but my parents are barley home and we own many houses so I could just go to one of the other ones and feel like I live alone :slight_smile:

16. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't live with my rents but I'm staying with family as I moved here from the us and like the comfort of being with families

17. DanD

I moved out about ten year ago. My dad was charging me over half my salary for rent, and I was so stupid that I didn't realize I could rent somewhere closer to work cheaper. I had to cycle 15 miles to work sometimes, as I had no money for petrol etc - nice start for the children you should care about.

I think, however, that if your parents are decent people and do care, then living at home to save is a good thing so long as you chip in for food, and do some chores.

18. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Still live with my parents. It far more practical financially speaking and they live very close to the university I'm attending.

19. Hexagon

Unfortunately. I'm working to remedy that, though. I really need a job, I'm trying hard to get one. Once I do (it will be ridiculously low paid), I'll stay home still I get my surgery, save up some money then move out.

20. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I live with my parents and I love it! I love my family and we get along great :slight_smile: