1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accent Impersonation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Apr 24, 2013.

1. After seeing all these threads about Accents, I was wondering about accents and here it is.

What kind of accents can you impersonate (good or bad)? I can do a superb Chinese accent (So good, that I successfully used it during a phone call to pretend that my family moved away), and a terrible British accent which many people think it's a terrific Australian accent.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Armenian, Filipino, Hmong, Israeli, Mexican, Punjabi, Russian

I try, anyway, with little effort. When learning languages, I seem to have an easier time picking up pronunciation and sounding 'native' than other Americans, ie 'good enough'. It's strange: I'm not musically inclined, but my verbal intelligence is higher than average, so..

3. BornInTexas

I try to do a British accent, but I'm not very good at it. Australian on the other hand is REALLY easy to do for me. My brother can perform the VERY stereotypical english speaking Asian accent, and it's hilarious.

4. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

One of my friends was at a debate event and when she went to the stage she introduced herself in a BBC British accent. Then, she performed her entire piece in her usual Pacific NW American accent. Then at the end, she said her conclusion with a BBC British accent. The judges were so confused. xD

5. photoguy93

My default is always the hick/hillbilly accent, but I think I have a pretty good British accent... again, it's all for fun. I'm doing well with my French accent, but that's just because I've been in classes for so long.

However, I cannot do an Australian accent. No matter what I do, it always ends up either going Indian or British. It's not pretty.

6. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can do a decent Irish accent, as well as a Southern accent. I can do an okay Russian one. I am working on others, such as Brittish, Scottish, French, Italian, European Spanish(Spain), Greek.

7. Hexagon

I can do a couple of american accents, irish, cockney and australian (although my australian has an annoying habit of slipping back into british)

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot do a standard Australian accent, no matter how hard I try, so I'm assumed English at default. I'm good at Finnish accents, as well as Irish.

9. 'The Moon' from The Mighty Boosh. Herbert from Family Guy. Also a very offensive and racist Indian and Chinese accent.

10. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

American, Indian, Irish, English, Scottish...

11. JPC

JPC Guest

I can do a pretty good American accent and a good French one too. I'm kind of surprised so many people say they do a good Irish accent, I've yet to hear someone do an impersonation that doesn't sound like they're auditioning for a Lucky Charms commercial.

12. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I can do ozzy osbourne.

13. RebelD

I can do a British, Afrikaans, Bantu and a terrible Indian and French accent. Haven't really tried any other accents.

14. CTJ

CTJ

I am bloody useless at accents haha. I used to be able to do a great Irish impression when i was drunk (essentially the same thing :wink: ), i was even told by an Irish friend that it was a fantastic impression of the republic accent and she tried to teach me the Northern accent. I couldn't do it at all, despite the Non-Iron trick :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I also blend my welsh and indian accents perfectly, there is no one without the other.

15. JPC

JPC Guest

No matter how well I start out, pretty much everything ends up Indian or Jamaican for me :lol:

16. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    subconscious accent mimicry is my expertise, I only have to hear an accent & I can copy it :slight_smile:

17. OutwardSmiles

I can do a really good British accent because I had a friend that was born and raised there. I can also do Mexican, Boston, New Jersey, and a horrible Asian accent. I guess I'm alright at sounding Australian but I have to really focus or it'll turn into British.

18. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Every accent I try ends up sounding like Crocodile Dundee, so Australian by default

19. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I spent time in Germany and got used to only speaking German, I had a heavy German accent for a few weeks when coming back... I wish I still did. German accents are so sexi.

I don't know about accents, but I can sound just like Eric Cartman's mom, that's pretty cool lol.

20. Bolin

Not really an impersonation, but I have this weird, occasional habit of accidentally slipping into a New Zealand accent... it's almost always when I'm about to trip over my words. I don't know why this is. :confused: