1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expanded wardrobe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatwhale, Apr 24, 2013.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings folks!

Read somewhere recently about one of those "10 best things about being gay" and one of them caught my eye:

"5. Your wardrobe will have suddenly doubled!" (Swoon!)

This got me thinking...would I really wear my boyfriend's/husband's clothes (assuming he was roughly the same size as me)???

Where would we draw the line? Would that include underwear??? Socks??? How about that really expensive Italian suit (a Ferragamo or an Ermenegildo Zegna)?

I am extremely curious to find out what exactly goes in the gay couple's closet (once they're out of the closet, presumably)...

2. BornInTexas

Good question...

3. redstormrising

i definitely don't share clothes with my partner. she wears men's clothing virtually exclusively, and i love skirts and dresses. plus we aren't anywhere near the same size (she has a good 60 lbs on me and is a couple inches taller)

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I already wear my brother's shirts and sometimes his pants (if they're elasticized, because otherwise they're too big).

So I'm pretty sure I'd wear a romantic partner's clothes too. And not even just if they were female.

5. FruitFly

Oh, my wardrobes doubled alright... to accommodate their clothing :confused:.

From experience my exes had clothes which were either too small, too big, or just not my style. For example my ex had a style she described as "Californian beach bum", and that just wasn't me. For her part she wouldn't be caught dead in any of my petticoats and dresses, so we at least did not see any of the benefits of wardrobe doubling.

Not sure if I ever will, I'm too fussy about the clothes I wear to really have my wardrobe doubled with the clothes of a partner :icon_redf.

6. BloodyRose3000

Is it bad that I now want a boyfriend just so I can wear his clothes?

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It took a few seconds for the penny to drop, in Ireland & the UK, Pants is the name for Male Underwear Lol unless you live in Northern England where Pants is the name for Trousers :slight_smile:

8. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I share tshirts/hoodies with my bf and occasionally a work shirt if either of us have run out of clean ones of our own. Anything else really depends on how much laundry I've done - and how lazy I'm feeling. If he's got some clean jeans, I'll wear them.

But I really draw the line at underpants.

9. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Another possible point of confusion: shorts. That word can get applied to a garment worn on the surface (trousers with short leg coverage), or to underwear.

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can only imagine here, but I'd be at least willing to consider wearing a boyfriend's clothes. At least, the outer garments. I wear a lot of clothes from thrift shops, and it's not bothered me.

11. TSN2012

hahaha! This was exactly what's on my mind when I saw this post. I was like "Man I wish I had a boyfriend so that we can wear each other's stuffs." The idea of it just sounds so romantic.

12. Hexagon

I'd wear a partner's clothing, assuming it fitted, and it was my style.

13. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I dont think id wear my partners clothes. It all depends though :slight_smile:

14. DanD

I'd like that too.
    There's a guy at work who is very 'easy on the eye' so to speak :icon_redf:eek: and he was wearing a really cool black top yesterday. I'd love to borrow that someday, and if he'd be my boyfriend woooow. But, he's straight. :frowning2:

15. leer

My last BF would were my tops and yet I wouldn't be seen dead wearing any of his :slight_smile:
    my present feller all of two weeks I already borrow his boxers They Fit me much better

16. catatonie

We were roughly the same size and shape, I'm sure it wouldn't work for everyone. All our clothes just used to mix, there was no reason, pure chaos. There were things that were clearly his I wouldn't wear just because it was his jacket or his favourite jeans. The top drawer of the dresser was communal socks and underwear, though.

17. cita

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd probably be wearing his clothes if I couldn't find something of mine. The idea is also really cute to me, so wow I'd probably be doing it a lot just because I can.

18. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Communal socks and underwear...cool! I guess we Quebecois like to share and share alike! :grin:

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2013 at 08:24 AM ----------

I know right? Before I read the article, it just never occurred to me that this could happen and it is indeed kind of adorable...:icon_wink

I'm also thinking of that last, heartbreaking scene in Brokeback Mountain and those two shirts on the same hanger...powerful stuff!

#18 greatwhale, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  19. cita

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I vaguely remember that part, it was when Ennis went to see Jack's parents and stuff, right?

Also, yeah, this guy I saw for a couple days gave me a pair of socks. I don't know if/when I'd see him again we'd be as "close", but I don't think he'd even fit in my clothes. I have a comparatively small frame, even though I have way more muscle than him, haha.

(sharing is caring :3)

20. AKTodd

My partner and I share socks sometimes but nothing else clothes-wise. I'm significantly taller and larger than him and we have very different styles.