1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So sick of heterosexuals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander69

They have no clue what it's like what it feels like yet so many talk shit! I hate them! I HATE MY FAMILY! They stress me out so much! I would rather be dirt poor or just getting by and be happy.

2. Fiddledeedee

They have no clue what what is like?

Whatever it is, I think it's a bit of a stretch to go from "my family stresses me out" to "I hate heterosexual people". I doubt you would like it if someone went from "I don't care for Alex" to "all gays are awful".

3. Alexander69

Being gay always feeling guilty and wanting to hide who you are BECUASE all they do is talk shit! Say we want more rights! My family is the worst always talking shit about gay people making fun of us they don't know I'm gay I assume they have an Idea but it doesn't stop them my grand parents my parents everyone I hate them all I HATE MY FAMILY!

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2013 at 02:40 AM ----------

This is what I watch to make me feel a bit better Prayers For Bobby 2009 - "A Child Is Listening" Speech - YouTube

4. "What it's like" - that's unfair. It's no more difficult being gay as it is being straight. If your parents do not accept gay people, then come out to others. You don't have to speak to them about your sexuality. Having a homophobic family is not the end of the world.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best way to fight persecution is not to allow yourself to adopt a persecution complex. Playing the victim only ever re-enforces it in your own head. If your parents don't understand your sexuality, educate them. If that doesn't work, make it clear you won't tolerate ignorance.

6. Alexander69

HAHA HAHA HAHA my parents HAHA!! They wouldn't take no for an answer! They would do what ever I'm their power to change me. And how is it hard being straight? How often are straight people Bullied for their sexuality? Not often most likey NEVER so ya. To hear how much people hate you all the time

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are financially independent, you could consider leaving them, if they are truly that bad. If you aren't, then you're going to have to reach a compromise (which will most probably mean not discussing sexuality).

8. No, straight people aren't bullied for their sexuality. That doesn't mean it's easy. Being straight does not inherently mean that you're going to live a happy life. You have homophobic parents? There are a thousand straight people out there being beaten by theirs.

9. Hexagon

I hate my family too, and they are heterosexuals, as far as I know, but that doesn't mean that all heterosexuals are bad, or should be hated. Apart from the terrible logic of 'a heterosexual was mean, therefor all heterosexuals are bad', this is the kind of oppression the LGBT community has been treated to for the last 100 years or so, and we should know better than to respond with the same kind of hatred.

10. It seems like we're stuck in a loop of hating people. I don't see it as far different to the nazi thing; picking out groups of people and deciding you don't like them, regardless of any other parts of their personality. If nothing else, it just upsets me how those people see other people. They don't have personalities or lives; just 'straight people'. It's not as simple as that. How do you like other people who know you're gay not being able to look past that fact? It's horrible, and you're doing exactly the same thing.

11. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure whether I find this thread pathetic, or offensive.

12. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I used to hate my family too until I realised that hating them only made me bitter and hate myself as well. So I made a choice. Me and my family have come to an agreement to agree to disagree. Thy are very Christian in their faith and I respect that. They have told me that they dont agree with homosexualitt and that they dont like it but they still love me very much. It took a few years to get my head around this. I thought that if they hated my sexuality than thy must hate me. This made me mad and I felt like an outcast in my family. But as time went on I realised that neithe of us was going to change our views on things. I hated how fucked up our relationship had bscome so i made a choice. I accepted that they were not going to accept my sexual orientation. They love me but because they brlieve that God has said that homosexuality is wrong, I respect their views on it. I dont agree with it necessarily but I accept that as their belief. We have an incredible relationship and we all get along fantastically now. I dont feel that I am hiding my orientation from them; they know about it. But I know that their views are not going to change and I can accept that. They still love me. My advice is to learn to see things from other peoples views. You dont need to agree wih them but it pays to keep an open mind

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alexander, you seem to think heterosexuality implies a walk through the park in life. It doesn't. Heterosexuals often face far worse than LGBT people everyday. Yes, we are persecuted, but that doesn't give the right to act as if there is no persecution on ground other than sexuality. I think the poorest of the poor, victims of rape and children of abusive parents will have it far worse than you have, or will ever have. What you are saying here is just as narrow minded as homophobia or elitism.

14. GayJay

Not all straight people are gonna be homophobic, i'm not for starters
    But i do know how this feels, my family are doing everything they can to make me be a girl. It's a horrible feeling knowing they will never accept it, and I'll admit it get's me down a fair bit
    But everything gets better with time, and if you keep thinking your a victim in the situation your gonna slip deeper into that mindset and it wont get any easier.
    No straight kids don't get bullied for their sexuality but that doesn't mean they haven't got a lot going on and are still getting bullied.
    Being gay is not the hardest thing in the world, kids grow up with a lot tougher times than having to deal with their sexuality so i think you should count yourself lucky that you've got all that you have

15. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

I think Alexander is obviously talking about heterosexual privilege and how it affects him.
    I can understand his point of view, and frustration that comes out of having homophobic parents.
    What we see here is gut reaction to his parents´ homophobia, and gut reaction never looks pretty.

I don´t agree with comparison between him and nazis and homophobic people , nazis are people who committed horrible crimes against humanity, and homophobic people want to make us invisible or possibly killed because of our sexuality.

I don´t think Alexander hates heterosexuals, he´s just tired of heterosexism that reigns in his parents´ heads.
    Yes some people have it worse than him, but that does not mean he should be O.K. with prejudices that his parents´have for his sexuality.

16. DanD

I can see where Alex is coming from. I do think that if I was 100% straight, then by now I'd have a girlfriend or wife, a couple of kids etc and deep down I'd have a reason to live this life as I'd have people to take care of.
    My parents a extremely religious and dead set against gay people, that's why I can never tell them how I feel and eats me up inside everyday, month on month, year on year. If I was straight, they'd be perfectly fine with who I am.
    To say that straight people have it just as bad as gay people is definitely not correct. The minority is straight people may have far bigger problems, but the majority can feel content that their lives are what is expected by others, family, friends, work colleagues.
    We do have to help each other, and I think that gay people care more because they understand more how it feels to be unloved.
    Rather than hate your family, it would be better to try and educate them; but, that's easier said than done.
    I could be totally wrong, but those are my thoughts.
    If you ever pop over the pond to the UK Alex, we should go for a drink and a loooooong chat.
    DD

17. Formality

I'm pretty sure this is not right. As I understood it suicide and self harm rates among homosexuals are way higher then the straight crowd.

18. catatonie

I don't understand why people get so offended with this. It's not as if an LGBT person saying "I hate the heteros" has ever had a negative effect on the heterosexual population's rights, safety or impacted their privilege. Yeah, life can be difficult for any individual, but no ones' life has ever been "harder" because they're straight. Also when a LGBT person says they Hate Heteros, it almost always comes from a place of frustration, not an irrational dislike of them just because they're straight and it's "icky" or goes against their personal beliefs, which can't be said for the homophobes some are trying to compare Alexander to here.

19. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rather be dirt poor... hahaha. As if you have any idea.

20. Just Jess

Being straight is a verb. A lot of gay and trans people are being straight. A lot of them are living the lives of straight people. A lot of them are bullied for their sexuality, or else there wouldn't be any closets to begin with. They're bullied into keeping up the straight lifestyle, and are fully aware of the consequences of leaving it. A lot of the least tolerant people out there are secretly gay and trans.

There are also a lot of social expectations that straight couples are expected to fulfill, and some of them are harmful. One example: a lot of traditional straight couples are expected to live apart and not sleep together before marriage. This is a proven formula for trapping people in doomed relationships, where two people that often hate each other and are romantically and sexually incompatible long term are trapped together, kids and mortgage and the whole package. And the kids they produce grow up in an environment of hate and despair. That's social bullying in my book.

I'm not trivializing what we go through. It's bullshit plain and simple. No one should have to live in fear like a second class citizen just for being who they are. I'm just saying, that it's not gonna get better if we keep telling cis straight people how much life sucks after coming out. There's an upside to being who you are and loving who you want to love and living your life the way you feel it's meant to be lived. And that upside is awesome, and it outweighs the BS.

Sorry your family are being jerks though :frowning2: I'd probably be saying the same stuff just to vent too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.