1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Guys,

Since coming out to myself on 12/02/13 there has not been a day gone by, where I haven't thought about being Gay, being Gay is always on my mind, is this a normal part of the process? (*hug*)

2. Femmeme

I certainly hope so! Because I swear I have a little voice in the back of my head that is constantly chanting "gaygaygayGAYgaygaygay..." :lol:

3. BornInTexas

Apparently, we grow out of it, but I'm in this stage:

"Wow, Josh, you're so gay. Gay gay gay gay gay gay gay! GAY! Think about gay stuff? Whatcha thinking about? Oh, right, GAY! :grin:"

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know, I just can't go a minute without something reminding me I'm gay. It gets distracting. Everything seems to remind me I'm gay, even if it isn't remotely gay related.

5. LailaForbidden

hahahaha hilarious :slight_smile: It's like that for me, too. Only bisexualbisexualbisexual is mixed in there as well :icon_bigg

6. Hefiel

I think more about being in a relationship than about being gay even though it "is" a gay relationship. I thought way more about being gay before I came out. Now I'm comfortable with it, so I don't care about it. If that makes any sense...at least it does in my head.

7. BornInTexas

Makes perfect sense. I think about that, too. It always reminds me that I'm gay...so I'm still in that stage I guess.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm having the same problem.

Past that, it feels like this site has taken my life over. Thanks so much, and remind me to return the favor, EC. (I'm only joking: I'm probably spending too much time here, but it's been a huge help on a number of levels.)

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2013 at 04:31 PM ----------

One issue that probably doesn't help at least some here--including me--is the "closet status." I personally can't afford to come out yet, but I also know that there is no way in hell I can say I'm straight with a straight face. (Sorry, but couldn't resist that!) I'm very conscious of being gay around others, and am constantly monitoring myself, which keeps the thoughts of being gay firmly in mind.

9. June Cleaver

Once I was of age, all I thought about was guysguysguysguys then I started playing and it went to yumyumyumyumyum!!!! LOL! I was hooked! It was only natrual since I have always been a girl. So yes it is normal I think. I also kept thinking by 15 how good men looked. June

10. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    It's a normal part of the coming out process. In the beginning all you can think about is being gay. Eventually, it becomes a part of you and you don't think about it every second of the day. You still think about it, but not as much.

11. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

Yes, it's normal. I think about a variety of social justice topics and all my identities/labels daily.

12. 4ever Hearth

I think it's really on overdrive when you haven't been fortunate enough to have any experiences(Relationship, Sex, even Miscellaneous talk with other LGBT pplz). I hope it passes because it's fun......Until it's not. :dry:

For instance, instead of gay constantly running through my head, anytime I watch a movie, show, commercial, etc. And I see my kind of guy, I "cup" myself and go "Yeah, he wouldn't even have to ask." When me and my best friends talk about sex and stuff I start to come off as this overly-energized, sexually-repressed Man. Since they're lesbians they will refer to hot women and my response goes along the lines "Pssh, weak. Give me a hairy man with a big :***: and fat :***: anyday. That's my lullaby." :grin:

So yeah I think it's normal but the longer it takes, the more intense it gets.

13. RedLight

Well I can't speak for the entire LGBT community but I know I have. It's become a habit, like breathing, every time I look at a girl, or everytime my friends mention a guy, or a guy winks at me in the subway or a girl stares at me just a little too long or she just looks or says hi, it's on my mind. Every day, not a minute goes by where I don't think "Woah, I'm never going to have another boyfriend again..." or "Gee, I'll never marry a man." and it feels wonderful. But it also feels wrong, not wrong not to marry a man or date a guy, wrong to think about it so much, because it feels like I'm trying to prove it to myself. I guess this is just me for now, living in a constant state of questioning. I swear in my head it's all "Oh look what's that? Is that...Is that Gay I see? Oops nope that's just a mirror."

---------- Post added 25th Apr 2013 at 04:24 PM ----------

HaHaHa, Probably exactly my day ever since the day since I came out to myself.

#14 RedLight, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  14. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "A gay guy can make me fly cause I am gay and gay is the way!":thumbsup:

15. Naren

16. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yes, I am quite afflicted by that wonderfully subversive, way too short, utterly inadequate word: gay.

And every now and then, when I'm buried in reading journals, I will stop, look off into space and think, but more than think, I'll feel with my whole being...I am gay.

17. OutwardSmiles

I'm so glad there are other people that feel this way. I thought I was crazy. Not only do I constantly think about how queer I am, I want to run through the hallways of my school at a full out sprint screaming at the top of my lungs: "I AM A RAAAAAAAINBOOOOOW! I AM A MOTHERF:***:CKING RAINBOOOOOOOOOOW! SUCK. MY. D:***:CK! I AM QUEEEEER! I LIKE VAGIIINAAAAS!!!!!"

18. theCHIVEguy21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I constantly think about being gay and it makes happy and excited about it!!! but I think, for me, I keep thinking about it because I used to try so hard to not think about it and try to look at girls in the way I wanted to look at guys. So I am just trying to make up for all those years of not thinking about being gay. But as of right now I really don't mind it.

19. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes.

It's like the psyche's way of reminding us and confirming how gay we are... Touché brain!!!