1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not to stereotype, but i've noticed...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeyAshley, Apr 25, 2013.

1. HeyAshley

before anyone gets offended - THIS IS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND. it's just a simple observation & okay maybe this is just from what i've seen, i'm (obviously) super open-minded and whatever. i'm the last to judge someone but this is just one thing i can't wrap my mind around.

(i'm not too sure what the non-offensive word for a "dyke" is, or if that's even offensive? so when i say the word "dyke" please don't take offense, i'm just not sure what the proper non-offensive word is.)

anyway, i feel like LOL okay i'm not even sure if i can say this but i need an answer. okay you know how guys like, are always scratching themselves? adjusting themselves? only god knows what you guys are doing half of the time and i'm not even sure i want to know. and okay this is weird, but whenever i'm within the presence of dykes. whether it be at a party, a bar, a club, or just hanging out - i swear they all do it too. for example like 2 nights ago i was at a friend's place watching a movie and her "dyke" friend came over. wearing basketball shorts. and i can't help but notice but throughout the entire movie she just kept acting like she had something in her pants and was adjusting. or something? and i observe this all the time.

i mean i obviously understand that there are plenty of girls out there who act 100% like guys and you couldn't tell the difference half of the time unless they were to take their clothes off. but what in the flying F is the point of "playing" with something that isn't actually there?

you may now nominate me for the weirdest post of the year. but i need an answer.

2. catatonie

Maybe they're wearing boxers?
    Boxers are pretty miserable sometimes.
    I imagine it can be just as bad for women.

3. BornInTexas

If she was wearing loose boxers, then that's probably why. I stick to boxerbriefs, since they don't have as much looseness, and nothing is giving me a wedgie or anything. xD

Boxers are miserable, Catatonie...indeed.

4. photoguy93

Well, my friend invented the "swipe and go." Sometimes, a girl just...needs to adjust her underwear or do whatever else (it's a body part..maybe there's an itch? I don't know!) So, she does this thing that makes it look like she's just going to grab something in her pocket and wham. You'd never know she just adjusted herself. It happens!

5. LailaForbidden

BAHAHAHA! I'm using this! :roflmao:

6. HeyAshley

LOL i guess the boxers theory could make sense but sometimes it's just really excessive. like a literal man picking at his junk.

7. catatonie

A lot of literal men wear boxers.
    They ride up. Sometimes excessively.
    It's not like they're playing with themselves lol.

8. FruitFly

To throw an alternative out there, I do know a few who edge on the butch side (and are proud of being butch) who pack, and sometimes what they're packing requires adjustment. That's unlikely in this scenario, but it is an answer I've received after asking someone what was bothering them so much they had to keep adjusting themselves down there. Some people pack, and you won't know if they're packing until you get a bit intimate with them.

But in general, it is mostly to do with underwear positioning. That or there's a bit of irritation going on which needs to be scratched in some way or another.

9. Femmeme

Like Fruitfly said, I'd wonder if they were packing.

10. Hexagon

Maybe they want to masturbate *wink*

11. catatonie

i
    died

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In addition to the reasons listed above, perhaps they simply don't care how they're perceived for 'adjusting' themselves. There are some behaviors considered inappropriate for women, but not so much for men, but because they're not your typical heterosexual women, the rules don't apply to them.

13. Fiddledeedee

Some people find it offensive, some don't, for some it depends on the context. Do you mean a lesbian? Butch lesbian?

14. TheUglyBarnacle

I've noticed that when I'm wearing boxers I tend to adjust myself more than usual.And yes, it certainly has to do with not conforming to gender limitations (since you already are different. Queer)

15. Eliza

Eliza Guest

She may have been wearing a packer.

16. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Its a dominance thing. While i dont 'play' with myself in public, I do adopt a lot of male mannerisms when i am dressed masculine. I looked into this and discovered that men do it to take up space, showcase their junk (fingers in belt loops with index fingers pointing at crotch) and to appear more dominant. Lesbians who identify more strongly with their masculinity may have picked up these tricks from the fellas. I also do it when i am trying to attract a girl. I figure 'hey most girls like guys. Im dressed like a guy. Im gonna act like a guy to woo her'! Some logic eh? :grin:

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't pack but whenever I wear boxers I have to adjust myself because I get some terrible-ass wedgies. I try to be subtle rather than shove my hand down my pants like a disgusting philistine trying to pick my underwear out from my crack or up my leg.

I don't use it to attract people whatsoever or come across like a guy adjusting my junk.

18. Ticklish Fish

i wear briefs and i need to adjust too.. lol.
    sometimes my dinosaur is roaring...
    but sometimes the clothes makes me uncomfortable sometimes.. and need re-adjustment xD

i never understand guys who need to scratch their chest/nipples or something...

19. LoveMusicPoetry

She might've just shaved her pubes, they might be itchy... Just suggesting it like.

20. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

She could have been wearing regular girl underwear and just got a vagina wedgie. You know, when your undies bind up into your twat a bit for some reason, possibly from sitting too long or moving about and such. When I've adjusted myself down there (always in private), I always chuckle a little because I know it looks just like what males do. I even bend slightly at the knees making it look like I'm moving around an actual penis and balls, but it's not my intention to look that way. It's especially funny to me when I wake up and it's the first thing I do when I get out of bed. That's my dudiest moment of the day, but I don't do it to actually act like a dude. I'm also not butch, so maybe some butch girls do it for that reason, I wouldn't know, but it could also just be the case of a vagina wedgie with any kind of undies and regardless of what kind of gender image she's got going on.