1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

online dating websites?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bagginses, Apr 26, 2013.

1. bagginses

bagginses Guest

Does making an online dating profile make you feel like a dirty prostitute?

I felt like one. recently I created a profile online to see if I/anyone would be interested. it was awkward, all I got was requests and likes on my photo.
    When I tried to have a conversation normally with someone it ended up in a sorta dirty talk (at least on the other person's behalf). Sometimes the person who saved you and like your photos won't even reply back to your posts, then next thing you know they like another one of your photo. Makes me think that they don't really care what I have to say, they just want some action.:eek:

So I deleted my profile because things were getting weird.

Anyone have awkward or good experience that they would like to share. or just comment.

2. MetalAngel89

MetalAngel89 Guest

It's been a while since I was on one, I can't remember which ones they were. But they aren't all like that! Ok, most are. heh...I just don't respond to the dirty talk.

3. hiddenxrainbows

I've had experiences like that as well. It really sucks. and most of the time when I go on sites like that, all the messages I get are just creepy guys that wanna have sex. Half of them are older guys, and that's even more creepy. People like that make me feel like I'm gonna get raped...

It wouldn't be as annoying if I liked guys more. But whenever I'm on sites like that, I'd much rather talk to girls. I haven't talked to a ton of girls on those sites, but the ones I have talked to, most of them are actually nice and don't act like horndogs. That's just the ones I've talked to tho. I'm sure there's lots of girl horndogs too lol

4. bagginses

bagginses Guest

LOL, yea I don't understand these sites. I thought you're supposed to find love, not a quick one night thing.

the creepy dudes are the worse.
    I don't know, I have a hard time finding people in my community and so I decide to go online but only find sex-driven people :frowning2:

I've had two of these dating accounts before, I deleted both of them

5. funkeln

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the specific site makes a world of difference.

6. photoguy93

From my understanding, at least, the pay sites are a bit better. Ones that are free are typically for sex. Because that's be honest! What more do you expect?

7. LoveMusicPoetry

To the OP, yes, I do agree that creating a profile and using online dating sights feels degrading. I wrote, 'no men please' n my profile but the majority of responses I get are from men. Indian men oddly. I must be especially attractive to a certain profile of man. There really does seem to be an awful lot of freaks on those sights, even most of the women's profiles give me the creeps. There seems to be a lot of bisexual women who want another woman for a threesom with their boyfriends, which I find rather disturbing. I've given up largely to be honest. I'm just trying to get myself out to events etc, then I can hopefully meet real people, rather than leaving it to chance on a computer screen.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is one site that I've heard very positive things about. It's a free site, but to get the best benefit from it, you need to take a bunch of tests that it uses to match you better with others.

Nearly all of the other sites (free or otherwise) I've heard about from those who use them... find that most of the people are there for hookups (regardless of what they may say in their profile) and the conversations tend to be pretty shallow, with requests for pics, discussions of what kind of sex they want, and the like.

As to the site and creating the profile... it all depends on what site, and what you put in the profile. If it's a site that wants to know your dick size, whether you're top or bottom, and questions like that... yes, I agree that's a bit on the sleazy side for my tastes and I wouldn't create a profile on one of those. But if it's a site focused more on friends and relationships, where you can talk about interests, hobbies, and talk about other things that energize you... those I wouldn't feel uncomfortable about creating a profile that honestly described me. But it would probably end up pretty similar to a detailed and thoughtful Facebook page.

I can't name the site due to our policy, but if you're over 18 and want the name of the site, PM me.

9. bagginses

bagginses Guest

yea, I tried to look for sites that don't have questions like "Top or Bottom, turn-ons/fetishes" LOL

@photo guy: yea I've never tried a pay site, honestly I don't think it would be worth it. Disappointed too many times.

@Lovemusicpoetry: OMG that is too funny. Guys hitting on a girl who isn't interested or ever will be. And lesbians who want a threesome with their boyfriend? that sounds more like the boyfriend posing as the girlfriend asking you to have the threesome, LOL.

---------- Post added 26th Apr 2013 at 10:10 PM ----------

@ chip: it is hard to find sites that don't have those weird questions

10. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    most of them websites and dating apps are used mainly for hooking up.

i think i know the website that Chip is on bout... its decent but the questions are too long

11. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my boyfriend on that site. We are now living together. Soon we'll be celebrating our 1 year anniversary :slight_smile: I never thought I would be so lucky.

12. photoguy93

Oh, see I would totally pay if I needed to go online. At least from the bits I've seen, the guys seem normal and genuine. Even if they aren't and they are totally into sex, at least they would probably not be super creepy like a certain personal section of a certain site........

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem is... it's attitudes like yours that filter out the people who are willing to put work into finding the right person from the people who are looking for hookups. The long, detailed questionnaires help the site find accurate matches for you.

If you're not willing to put the effort into helping the site match you... you're going to end up on sites with people who are also not willing to put any effort into finding a relationship... which will make it difficult to find one.

14. photoguy93

I'd answer 200 questions if it helped me find someone who actually matched up with me, not someone who only cared about "muscled masculine men who have big c**ks." It takes 10 seconds to post on..that one site, and it takes about 5 to reply.

If there was a decent, free, worthy site then I'd listen. You have to have some give and take and you have to use your brain.