1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Apr 26, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know this sounds stupid but I found myself recently having a crush on someone in EC (I won't say who). I don't know how I've managed to from a photo of them on the side of their posts and what they have said on EC but I have. It's annoying because I know that nothing could ever happen :frowning2: He just always seems lovely in his posts and judging from his photo he is really cute. Every time I see a post from him I feel warm inside. Am I weird for having these feelings?

2. cita

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    naw, you're not weird! i have plenty of friends who met on the internet, and they're going out now. don't worry too much about it.

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Its totally normal to have these feelings but remember that the mods keep stressing that EC isnt a dating site.

4. Jared

This 100 times. EC isn't a dating site and trying date someone on here isn't a good idea. I made that mistake once and I regret it since it's a bit awkward when I see him on here now.

5. BudderMC

This x100 more. EC is not a dating site, so please don't use it as such (as with anything else that violates the Code of Conduct).

As for if your feelings are weird, that's subjective. I think people who have infatuations with people who they've never met a little weird, because I don't think I'm capable of having those feelings unless I've met the person, so I can't understand. Other people are totally in support of any form of online dating and see nothing weird about it.

6. Ticklish Fish

what about infatuation from meeting people briefly? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Who HASN'T had an EC crush? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The most important thing is to remember nothing will ever happen, crush your dreams, then move on... like me! :grin:

8. FruitFly

Crushes are crushes, and they develop on anyone who manages to hit all the right buttons to make us fond of them. It's not weird at all.

As much as EC is not a dating site it is a site full of people who interact with each other and have something in common, it's very hard not to develop a crush on someone in this sort of environment. Seeing them post makes you smile, and means your time on the forum may be a little brighter due to the interaction you have with them or the posts they make. It's innocent, natural and providing it doesn't develop into an obsession that borders on stalkerdom then it's all good in the hood.

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't say I've had a crush on someone on EC. When it comes to other places, though, yes I have. It's pretty normal in my opinion.

10. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course i have LOL.This place is full of model-like guys.Im inlove with many of them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but with someone specific im more inlove..i wont say who though..

11. bubbles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    its not weird that you have a ec crush I have one to but maybe they like you back you never know

12. Bolin

I don't think it's weird at all to have an EC crush (or an internet crush in general). :slight_smile: To me, internet friendships are just as real (if not more real, sometimes) than offline friendships. However, that being said, you do have to be careful if one of your internet friendships turn into something more...I've seen a couple of people start dating someone they met at an online community only for it to turn sour and make things awkward or worse. I'm not saying definitely don't do it (because I'd be a big, fat hypocrite to say that), but think long and hard about the cons.

13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now I'm curious to know who everyone had a crush on! D:<

14. If you have a crush why don't you just try to be friends? Post on their wall or whatever, it could help... I really don't know. I find that once I become friends with someone my crush kinda subsides. I know that's really freaking weird but that's just me. I don't have the love at first sight stuff.

15. Renge

I freaking love this! That's so mee!

16. BornInTexas

Me too! D:

17. Nyanko

This all the way. Seeing that we're on a site that has hundreds of people who have things in common with each other, it's hard NOT to end up crushing on someone. I have one. :b

But at the end of the day nothing's gonna happen, and once you get into that mindset, the crush will disappear and you won't even know it. Until then, just (safely) enjoy seeing their posts and feeling bubbly!

18. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I hate to admit it but, I kinda had a crush on someone on EC. >_<
    But I'm way too shy to admit who it was, and I'm not even a shy person. XD

19. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I haven't had a crush on someone here, but I kind of like one person. :lol: It's normal. Very normal. :grin:

20. JPC

JPC Guest

I can see how a connection could be formed with someone on EC. But for me, I can't form a crush on somebody over the internet.