1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some help please :)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by katielock, Apr 26, 2013.

1. katielock

hi, i'm Katie and i'm 16, i've kind of always known I was attracted to woman as well as men, I identified myself as a bisexual a few months ago but have never acted on anything, i've had limited experience with both girls and boys but never anything serious, I always thought it was a phase and every girl feels like this but i'm searching for help because I need advice. Since I started college in September 2012 i have become really, really close with an old classmate, I'd now label her my bestfriend and we do regular stuff like talk about boys and go out.. typical bf behaviour, a few months into our friendship i started to feel attracted to her, i think it's past a crush and i'm desperate to tell her how i feel but as you probably know its difficult, theres a small part of me that believes she might like me to, we have a reoccurring 'joke' with ourselves that we are going out and we are going to get married one day and we call each other 'baby' and 'princess' (i know embarrassing) and we always end up holding hands when we are drunk, i know it sounds crazy but she acts like one minute shes serious and the next not and i act the same because i suppose im guarded, ive never liked a friend before that wasnt a boy, especially my bestfriend, i could end up losing her all together if I declare my love and she doesnt swing that way haha, I think my friends could accept my being this way, we all friends at college and theres a lesbian girl im friends with that everyone doesn't exclude, i just need some friendly advice from anyone, especially if you've been in a similar situation yourself... thanks k x

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of us including myself have had to make that life-changing decision... "Is it worth it to tell my best friend I'm attracted to them?"

I told her and it didn't end well because it wasn't reciprocated. I still love her though but it's such a shame because she and I were super close and we did things similar to what you said and more and we don't anymore. It isn't easy.

All that to say if your feelings won't change, I would come out to her and see how she reacted to that. If she reacts positively and you two stay friends, you can then decide if it's worth it to tell her.

By the way, while my best friend did not return my feelings, I am glad I told her because her not knowing killed me inside and I hid it from her for so long. If I had told her earlier maybe it wouldn't have taken this long to heal.

Sorry I wrote so much but that's my 2 cents. :slight_smile: