1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do straight guys say this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sdc91, Apr 6, 2008.

1. sdc91

This has been on my mind for a while now.

During my spring break about 3 weeks ago, I was hanging out with my friends in a hot tub at one of their houses. I was just in my swimming suit, and one of my (guy) friends commented really loudly, "Whoooo! Cooper's got a treasure trail!" Do straight guys use that term? . . . or for that matter, make comments like that?

He also kept touching my feet with his feet in the hot tub (footsie!) and I kept catching him staring at me. And when I stared back he didn't look away.

He's been a really good friend of mine since 4th grade. I've suspected that he is gay for a few years now, so this kind of made me think.

(On a side note, HE'S HOT AND ATHLETIC AND ON THE VARSITY BASKETBALL STARTING LINE! lol...)

Your thoughts?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is he gay? Hell, I don't know - you spend lots of time with him and YOU can't tell. :slight_smile: There's one person who holds the answers you seek, and he probably ain't on here.

And for the record, yes, my straight friends say "treasure trail". :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Jonnnnn16

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've never, ever said that in my life...don't think i've heard others said it either....

4. Mick

Mick Guest

No, straight guys do not say that.

5. jroakwood

a straight guy could very well say that.
    but with all the flirting and footsie. i think you should talk to him about it.
    the worst that can happen is he isnt gay.

6. Zak

Zak

I Dont even know what that means! lol......from your description...he might be trying to tell you something.

7. mcrteenagers

From your description, it sounds kind of gay.

But you are the one who's knows more about him. Are there more clues that this. Be careful not to imagine things and look for clues that aren't there.

Be careful about talking to him to. Be sure there is a strong possibility he is gay - otherwise it could tragically backfire and you're out of a friend.

8. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

My friends call it "happy trail." But it's mostly my girl friends, not the guys.
    Does he know your gay? Maybe he's curious, so I'd pay more attention to his actions and then talk to him if you've got an idea whether he is or isnt.

9. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

when i read the footsie part, i got a hard on... ._. *blush*

10. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Every time I've heard guys comment about body hair, it's been been said by straight guys about their own hair to other straight guys. But all of these instances are from sixth to eleventh grade when hormones are at/near their peak. Also, I've never heard anybody in real life use the term treasure trail.

I just thought of an exception. A straight, forward guy friend who I'm out to has occasionally told me he shaves various parts of his body.

I think all guys sometimes look at other guys' bodies to learn what is deemed normal, but I'm not saying all guys comment aloud about others' bodies.

He was very outspoken about your(?) body, so if he were gay, I think you would have heard him be outspoken about his sexuality in other situations.

11. InaRut

Uhm my friends make gay comments all the time. Then again I have a VERY liberal group of friends...who are straight but just say gay things.

Haha. Yet I stil can't see myself telling them about...myself.
    *hmph*

I say....Just study him closely until you get hte courage to a) Sponatenous mak it hard wth him 2) Ask him.

I suggest the second one for security reasons.

12. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friends and I were playing football last summer and, as it was hot as hell, one of my friends took off his shirt. Immediately thereafter two or three of the guys made mention of his "happy trail" and everyone knew what it was and had a laugh.

Soooo.......either all of my friends are total homos or straight guys do say stuff like that. :slight_smile:

13. Hydrogen

Sounds out of the ordinary, but I would not conclude he is gay just form this.

Does he know you gay? If so he might be sending signals... I would try to talk to him about it, or something else that would give him an opportunity to "come out"

14. John666

John666 Guest

i know i sound stupid but what the hell does Treasure Trail mean?

15. CrimsonThunder

Treasure trail means the hair that goes from your belly button to your pubes.

And in Australia we use the term "snail trail" ;D Dunno why >_>

I think hes just being flirty, are you out to him? Because if you are my straight friends flirt with me for some reason... Even if I don't want it from them. (AKA they are ugly lol)

16. sdc91

I'm not out to him, only my parents and roommate.

I just thought it was weird that he said that. I think he's in denial, but I'm not going to pry open that Pandora's box. Judging by everyone's comments here, I guess it doesn't mean much.

I'm coming out to everyone this summer (mostly just by changing my FB cause I'm too lazy to come out to ALL of my friends), so I'll see how that goes.

17. InaRut

I like Happy Trail better. I'd rather think that I have a trail that leads to happiness rather then a trail that leads to a slug with a pretty shell. "You wanna touch my slug?"

Not very appealing at all.

Lol btw, a really hairy chest is called a, "Happy Highway." hahahaha

18. I know lots of straight guys who say it, but "happy trail" lol
    "treasure trail" is new to me, i should use it.
    idk about footies though, my straight guys can act gayer than me sometimes...

19. pwnorton

Yea....I've never heard "Treasure Trail" but I say "Happy Trail"

20. I would what your Treasure Trail looks like considering he mentioned it.