1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What things do you have that make you feel more confident?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Alexander69

What do you have? What things give you that boost of self confidence

2. LD579

Well... I don't know how commonplace this is, but I like to have 'rocks / pillars of solidarity'. These are objects and things and ideas that I have dubbed as such because they inspire me to be a better person. Some of these rocks or pillars are things I do not actually possess physically. Some are people, some are personified ideals... Others are just items.

3. IrishEyes1989

- My family
    - My girlfriend
    - My closest friends
    - Make up (I know, so corny. But when I'm made up I feel so much better about myself)
    - Acting (when I'm on stage, I feel like I can conquer the world :slight_smile: )

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a high self esteem. I don't care at all what people think of me, I only care about what I think of myself. I have a spine, and am not afraid to draw a line between right and wrong. I have an awesome self image of myself, and I have awesome friends. :slight_smile:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wearing my three-piece pinstripe suit. I'm untouchable when I look like such a boss. Granted, my face might not look so good :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (I'm still horribly non-photogenic) but the rest looks nice.

[​IMG]

6. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    call me vain or whatever... but i would go with my face and bod... where ever i go i get people checking me out. It boosts up my confidence as i lack everything else including my personality

7. TSN2012

My confidence and self-esteem is so low that it would be very hard to boost my confidence. Dressing nicely does make me feel a little bit more confident than normal when going out in public, but if a stranger suddenly approached me and started talking to me, it wouldn't take them long to notice how shy and awkward I am.

8. Alexander69

No you look adorable! So cute what are you talking about?!

For me it would be clothes I love clothes, clothes can make you look so good and accessories hats jewelry all the bling bling. I don't think I have a great body but I hve a good body. I love when people check me out also. I love it when they stare! I am sort if an attention seeker in ways.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have friends, I have a powerful voice, and I have my faith which will always be there for me.

10. Colours

Clothes. When I like my outfit, I feel more confident. I seem to be getting more compliments on my appearance lately, they make me feel better about myself, but I still feel pretty insecure sometimes. I also have quite a lot of friends, and I'm really thankful for that. Sometimes I just think like: how did I ever get so many friends, lol. I've been feeling more confident lately though, I think it also has to do with how I've been more productive lately. :slight_smile:

11. Alexander69

I have like no friends anymore. High school I was popular and than after I lost contact. Mostly people used me which at the time I didn't care if they did I was popular I was having a blast I didn't care about anything but apperance I through huge parties at my house i'd have hundreds of people come to them I had catering, DJ everything my parents paid for everything of course they wanted me to stay popular plus they were never home so i would call them and my father would contact his people to handle the organization of it. it made it easy for me to always throw parties. But that's the past and I won't let propel use me like that EVER again because they are not true friends in anyway.

12. falsereading

falsereading Guest

A job with a uniform, it does wonders for the confidence.

13. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with said statement.

14. Beware Of You

My boyfriend, my height, the way I dress, my "cuteness" and I guess the fact that I seem to make most people my friend

15. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Skills (I get bored easily, so I try to learn things. I play bass and I draw).
    Male formal clothing, which for me consists of a vest, shirt, pants and possibly a tie...
    My physical strenght ... I like it when people get impressed by it.

Fantasy escapisms XD.
    I don't know if it really is escapism, but it has been, and i can't stop, and I don't want to. They are not all about me though, I have a fantasy world with anime-like people, but sometimes they take on my problems, and it somehow also helps me.

16. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At the moment EC & my friends on it (&&&)

17. nikom87

This!

(&&&)

18. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My faith, which gives me hope for the future and that in the end everything will be ok.

From an Earthly perspective, my family. Friends have come and go but my family has always been my greatest support system and for that I'm the luckiest girl in the world~<3

19. CarrotSticks

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a pretty low self-esteem.. and I hardly have any confidence.
    I once had went cuckoo and broke down because I felt school was too "scary" for me..

But despite all that.. the one thing I always did to make myself feel better, boost my confidence and felt when nobody was judging me was when I acted like a jester.
    I was a class clown haha.
    To me, it didn't matter if I was making a fool out of myself to get people to laugh at my jokes because it didn't feel as bad as people looking at you as a bi or les. When they do that, they usually have an expression that looks like you've killed their family members.
    But when you make people laugh it's different because everyone's laughing..

So yeah.. I just go out of my way to act like an idiot XD
    I still do it, but I quite enjoy it. :slight_smile: