1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mother finally told me why she disapproves of people of larger size

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Alexander69

She says it's a "sin" it's gluttony. my whole life she told me about being fat how its wrong its disgusting. Because of her I have eating disorders where I don't eat for days. She would rather my family be skinny and not "sinners". I said to her size doesn't make you a good or bad person she said "in the eye of The Lord they are sinners"
    "Proverbs 23:20 Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat"

I'm like wow that's so arrogant and rude. How can you judge someone basses on waist size? The thought.... It hurts me to think that she could look at someone and call them sinners for being bigger in size.

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's judgemental. Those who are fat are often not "gluttonous", they are people like the rest of us, and some are still quite beautiful. Your mother is following Biblical teachings, just forgetting the "love thy neighbour" and "judge not lest ye be judged" parts.

3. Alexander69

My mother is totally judgmental when I was chubby when I was younger he would be seen in public with me, I also had a nose job because she said I had an ugly nose it wasn't attractive. She makes me feel terrible about myself, she has Botox had her nose done boob implants cologn in her lips blonde steaks tanned nails always done. She's fake as f**k. I love her but I can't stand who she is as a person she's so mean it actually gets quite stressful. She's a gold digger and I know that everyone knows it it's not shocking she doesn't even come from money my father does when my father got with her his family was soooooo mad my grandparents almost disowned him. But she had 2 children 2 BOYS not girls BOYS to carry on the name so it worked out some how. My partners are barley together my dad travels on business and if he's not he's in his office or god knows where. My mother is always out shopping or traveling to just get away. Which sucks cause I barley are them together and when I see my dad he never wants to talk because he barley knows anything about my life. Only when we go on vacation do I talk to them both an see them both at the same time. Isn't my life GREAT! NOT! No one should be jealous of my life, money doesn't buy happiness nor does it buy you a caring family. It may buy things but in the end things are just things that's all they will ever be.

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel for you, I feel for you. My mother's not particularly good, but, with no offence intended, I'm going to have to say that your mother is a right cow.

5. Alexander69

Lol non taken i know. She is....... Quite the person.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't say I'm surprised. From what you describe, your mom is one of the most pretentious, judgmental, arrogant people I've ever heard of. I think the sooner you get yourself out of that house so you don't have to deal with her crap... the better off you'll be.

I wonder if that has anything to do with why your father is never ever around? Maybe he can't stand her either. :slight_smile:

7. JPC

JPC Guest

Oh crap, I just washed a pepperoni pizza down with a beer :eek:

8. kraftykrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have your mother listen to this song >> "God Thinks" by Voltaire

9. YellowStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    be a vegetarian and tell her that it doesn't matter since you're not a gluttonous eater of meat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much in agreement with what everybody else has said. I bet, how you view your life and yourself will change dramatically once you live on your own and don't have to listen and deal with your mother (as sad as this sounds).

With your dad not being around, and you not having a 'real' relationship with him, doesn't help either. Is there a possibility to build a relationship with him, so that you have at least some support from one of your parents?

Like Chip, I wonder too if your dad's absence has something to do with your mom.

11. Jubalinha

Jubalinha Guest

I know what you have been through. Since i was a kid my mother used to point out every time she could that i need to lose weight. that being fat is the ugliest thing in the world. I also developed an eating disorder that as you know is horrible. i started starving myself and taking laxatives when i was 10. Now im ok but its always on my mind. its something i have to fight every day.