1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sickly accurate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by losecontrol2, Dec 14, 2006.

1. losecontrol2

I know no one believes in astrology BUT you have to check out this site.

I checked some people's dates and they made sense, and then I read mine and the usual "he's a fighter, he's this, he's that" and then mine said "He's sweet, gay," :eek:

Don't doubt it.

http://astro-software.com/

Click "Your birth chart-free". If you don't wanna read everything just click CTRL and F5 when the results come and search for "gay" in the page.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Well for me (with time of birth unknown) it is about 50% right. The "gay" word isn't mentioned.

The various bits contradict each other. There is so much "information" that I think most people could find things that fit or that they want to hear, as well as things that don't fit so are ignored. Typical astrology, IMHO.

Several years ago I called an "astrologer" on a radio station. Other callers has expressed suprise at the accuracy of this astrologer, who mentioned things from their pasts etc. For me it was hopelessly inaccurate. When I commented on this I was cut off, my comments were not broadcast due to the 7 second delay and the announcer said "we seem to have lost Paul" and moved on to the next call......

3. tired_of_lying411

hahaha:lol:

i had the same results

4. step49x

:lol:

That 7 second delay seems awfully 'convenient.'

I should try calling sometime...

5. Micah

I did a study in psychology on astrology, where we would take certain statements said in horoscopes and the like, then ask people whether they Strongly Agreed, Agreed, Disagreed, Strongly Disagreed with that statement.

So for instance, one of the statements was:

"You are a determined person, even though you don't always show it."

Now we went around and asked 50 or so people questions like these (they were unaware that that they were statements from horoscopes).

Something like 90% of people strongly agreed or agreed with each of the statements about them. I found it rather interesting - so forgive me for being sceptical

Also - don't forget that while it isn't commonly used as such, "gay" can also refer to "cheerful" rather than homosexual.

6. kevinx519

dang that thing is so right. it said im good with foreign languages and that i'll marry a foreigner. first one is true and im pretty sure the second one is true, too. i find foreign guys extremely hot. =)