1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me or people is Drinking way too much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ok455, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ok455

It seems like everyone i know and don't know is drinking like a fish its really annoying. I dont drink and its hard trying to find clean people who don't drink and smoke weed.

Every time im around people thats the first thing i hear tonight theres a party and Matt brought a Keg over im going to get so drunk. Or myspace bulletins or fourm posts and it says i'm getting drunk tonight Like its some breaking news or something.

I used to be friends with this girl she was the perfect bestfriend now shes in that drinking kult and she just changed completely kissing/sexing random guys getting drunk and getting upset about it the next day.

Where are the non drinkers/ weed smokers at? that doesn't do that and have no interest of doing it. Its to the point i don't want to be friends with anyone and i just want to leave Teenagers (16-25) Alone until they grow up

I want a friend thats into the grandmom parties. ITs simply music and food no drinking

one that don't fall for stupid gimmicks/ over rated things.

and knows how to have fun with out drinking and smoking

I swear finding clean friends is like finding my car in a super wal-mart parking lot.

Sorry for the long thread its just making me upset that i can't find decent clean boring people like my self.

2. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I'm with you, i don't smoke/drink/do drugs.

I don't see the thing with getting smashed every weekend.

Your not alone, people refer to it as 'straight edge' so search that on myspace and you'll find others like you.

3. davo-man

I personally think that drinking in moderation can make a night a lot of fun, however I also think that you can have just as much fun (if not more sometimes) without drinking. for instance, last weekend, I had a lot of fun, and had a few drinks, last night I went out and had dinner with friends (with no drinking) and had just as much fun. As for smoking, I'm not into it, and find the smell really distracting and not pleasant at all, so I'm prob never gunna smoke. And as for drugs, i'm not into them

4. smilealways

smilealways Guest

I dont drink, smoke or do drugs :slight_smile:

my flatmates drink soooo much. I shouldnt be doing it but, I took out like 100 bottles this morning. someone has to keep the flat clean :frowning2:

anyway, it doesnt make you a boring person.
    I think you are cool :slight_smile:

5. Vampyrecat

I don't drink. I used to, and I hated it. I tried it once, and then got so sick I threw up and had the worst ever hangover the next day. So I stopped. I don't drink or smoke or do drugs. Nor do I plan to.

I hate people who act like it's cool to get totally shitfaced.

6. jroakwood

i do drink when the opportunity arises.
    its hella fun.
    ive never tried pot, but in the right situation, i probably would.
    and smoking, its no big deal to me. if im with people who do, i might even bum a drag off theirs.

whatever. hahh.
    its just fun. some people enjoy it, some people dont.

7. CrimsonThunder

And the rest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Straight Edge people don't have sex either.

I love getting drunk, it adds to the fun! (I can have fun without alcohol too)

Nice.

8. SlickyPants

I drink on an almost daily basis. It is usually not more than one or two drinks though. I can't even remember the last time I got plastered. (Not because I drank so much but it's been such a long time ago!)

There are just so many complex flavours and aromas that can be created by fermenting grapes or grains and you won't find them in soda-pop so please forgive me if I order a beer when eating out or enjoy a glass of wine while watching a movie.

I do agree though that getting shitfaced is no fun at all. I never really understood the point of it. It just costs money and results in a headache in the morning.

There's an old saying in my line of work. "Moderation tastes so much better."

9. Connor

Connor Guest

I think drinking is fine, some people think it's fun to be inebriated. Most of my friends drink and I don't judge them for what they do when they drink. I just don't mind it at all. I also enjoy to drink now and again, it's just fun to be in a different state of mind for a little while.

10. pirateninja

As people may have guessed, I like to drink. Partly for the taste, and partly because when I'm tipsy, I find everything hysterically funny. Luckily, if I drink in moderation I can get that good feeling and not have a terrible hangover. However I don't like getting so rat-arsed I can't even walk home. People who do that every night are irresponsible. My parents brought me up in a way that I was allowed alcohol with them, and they don't mind me going to the pub with friends but I can't pass out or throw up or end up having my stomach pumped because of it. Which I don't. It was never a "taboo" thing for me so I never felt rebellious and go over the top.

It's okay to drink socially and moderately, but people who drink dangerous amounts all the time are just irresponsible.

11. CrimsonThunder

If you drink lots of water you won't get a hangover.

Hangover = headache
    Headache = not enough water in your brain.

BTW that is the best advice I ever got given to me lol.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

I like drinking. I don't see whats wrong with it at all, as long as your sensible.

13. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I drink on occasion. Smoke herbals once every other day, and smoke cigs like a fiend. I tried quitting smoking but it's harder than I thought it would be. I don't think you should be so erked by the people who do drink, because all they want to do is have a good time, and theres nothing wrong with that. Who's to say getting all whorey and kissing on random people is bad, I think its rather fun even though I haven't done it much. And yeah I have plenty fun when I'm sober too. I don't remember an experience when drinking made things less fun for me, so I have no reason to knock it.

14. sdc91

I don't drink/smoke/get high, and I never plan to.

It's just really unappealing.

15. InaRut

Funny thing is is that the equation of young-adulthood goes likes
    Insecure Newbie+booze+loss of self= FRIENDS!
    That is how it was for my brothers and their friends.

So if your in university/college you won't find alot of non drinkers. Not saying it's impossible though. I don't know why you wouldn't want to drink though. I mean it is a good way to have fun and meet some new people. Beer a sociable drink. However do so in moderation.

Let me give you an example of how alcohol helped make a friend...So I brought my lesbian friend to Ottawa to meet with my other friends in Ottawa. Anyways lesbian friend kept commenting on how cute or hot that girl was and I kept edging her on. Well other friends got a little wierded out so one of them said, "Don't bring them up to Ottawa ever again." and then they drank together and now they are good friends.

:slight_smile: Unregretably too. Haha!

Annyyways, I suggest that if you haven't tried booze or weed that you do try it. But make sure your first expierence is with the right people. I have yet to try weed btw (although it's been suggested by family that I do--just to know what it's like). I don't think it's as important as getting drunk and fun at least once in your life.

16. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Thats why i didn't refer to myself as straight edge :wink:

Thats quite possible the worst advice you could give someone. Peer pressure is already extreme when it comes to these things, so your not helping.

17. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to often hang out with a group of people who didn't drink together. At least two of them did drink, but not with this group. Contrary to what you may be thinking, they were very fun to be around.

And I'm with you on the no drinking or smoking part.

18. InaRut

It's not peer pressure. I'm just saying there is no need to be afraid of it. Just beause you drink alcohol doesn't mean your going to become a slut, an alcoholic, or an all out total loser. If you have the willpower and the intelligence to say, "Well I've drank quite a bit, I should stop now." Then you'll be fine. The reason why your friend is becoming the way she is, is because she is probobly drinking with the wrong crowd. I don't want to offend you, or make you feel like your being pressured, but i'm just say this from the viewpoint of someone who use to be like you. Hell I have two older brothers who drank themselves stupid and witnessed full out hick-powered brawls on my front lawn. I've seen ALOT of bad from drinking...but when I started drinking it wasn't at all like the way it was with my brothers. (Or I would like to think so).

Anyways call me what you will, but I'm only trying to broaden your experiences while your still on this world, after all it's a short life (and your only young for so long), you best choose how you want to live it.

19. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I don't drink or smoke, i've got friends that get hammered regually but to be honest it doesn't realy bother me that much when ppl r drunk so long as theres at least one person to have a sane conversation with whilst the rest of em are throwing up lol

20. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I personally am straight edge (thank you AFI) but I too find many kids my age drinking and its annoying as hell because I only date sober people and it can be pretty hard. And btw some straight edge people avoid sexual promiscuity, but thats not all of them and the ones that do don't stop having sex all together, they just aren't sluts. I don't like people who need alcohol to have a good time. I get drunk/high off of life :thumbsup: