1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A poll about acceptance and recognition...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Apr 28, 2013.

?

How do you feel about recognition and acceptance

1. I want to be recognized by everybody

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. I want to be safe

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  3. I want to be accepted by everybody

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. I kind of want acceptance, but I'd take honest non-acceptance over fake acceptance

16 vote(s)
    27.1%
  5. I kind of want to be recognized, but it's your choice in whether to recognize us as we are or not.

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. If you don't accept me, at least please keep your mouth shut...

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  7. If you don't recognize my sexuality and people with my sexuality, at least keep your mouth shut.

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  8. Meh, acceptance is not my concerns.

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  9. Meh, recognition is not my concerns

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  10. My sexuality / Romantic orientation should be no one's business usually...

16 vote(s)
    27.1%
  11. Other...

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Reptillian

Here's a poll that discusses your position on acceptance from others and recognition from others.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Looks like the poll wasn't added. If you give us the question and potential answers you wanted, one of us staff members can add it for you.

3. Reptillian

Add a poll please. I can only add a poll 10 mins after creating a thread.

11 options- Multi- Not public for obvious reasons

Options : Answer
    -———•———-
    1 | I want to be recognized by everybody
    2 | I want to be safe at least
    3 | I want to be accepted by everybody
    4 | I kind of want acceptance, but I'd take honest non-acceptance over fake acceptance
    5 | I kind of want to be recognized, but it's your choice in whether to recognize us as we are or not.
    6 | If you don't accept me, at least please keep your mouth shut...
    7 | If you don't recognize my sexuality and people that are like me with my sexuality. At least please keep your mouth shut.
    8 | Meh, acceptance is not my concerns.
    9 | Meh, recognition is not my concerns
    10| My sexuality / Romantic orientation should be no one's business usually...
    11 | Other...

#3 Reptillian, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  4. Hefiel

Went with Acceptance/Recognition is not my concern, and my sexuality is no one's business.

I've learned early on not to care about what others have to say (about me). Life is so much easier when you don't have to worry about other people's perception of you.

5. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    those that matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter
    I am lucky when it comes to friends it didn't faise any of them but if it had I wouldn't have wanted to be friends with them anyway, the people that I make friends with are those that accept everyone regardless of age , gender , sexuality , race etc
    when it comes to family and family friends I haven't come out to them but Id hope if they didn't accept me they would keep their mouth shut

6. JPC

JPC Guest

Ideally I'd like for everyone to be cool about it, but I don't really care if people don't like it or accept it once they don't make a big deal out of it.

7. Fiddledeedee

I do want to be recognised by everyone, but it's okay if people don't accept me. I'd prefer them to be honest and to be open to discussion about it. If you don't recognise bisexuality, then yeah, keep your mouth shut until someone with more patience comes along.

8. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I feel basically the same way. If you can't accept who I am, then fine, we just won't interact unless strictly necessary. I will be much more upset if you deny that my experiences are real.

9. kem

kem

I don't care if I'm accepted or not. Actually, I have a strong distaste for "acceptance". I don't need or want anyone to tell me they accept me.

I like being recognised.

10. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I chose the first three, not necessarily for me, but because I hope for hate crimes, disownment, bullying, suicides, etc for queers to decrease.

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't care if I'm accepted/recognized by everybody, and don't understand why someone would put so much stock into others' opinions.

12. UndercoverGypsy

Go team honest hatred! (number 4)

13. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a strong desire to be accepted by my family. Everyone else - it's awesome but it just makes me kinda sad if they don't. Recognised, I don't really care. But really, for my own preferences, it's not other people's business. Close friends and family and maybe one or two selected others but that's it.

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

"I kind of want acceptance, but I'd take honest non-acceptance over fake acceptance".

Recognition used to be important to me but now I don't really care. The only acceptance I care about are ones regarding my parents and my friends and coworkers. Anyone outside of my network I don't care about, and if anyone disregards me, don't care. I'm at least glad they're honest and we can go about our days but I'd prefer if they kept their mouth shut.

I do think safety is the most important thing to me out of these categories though.

15. Convoy

I want to be recognized and accepted, but not everyone will accept me so in the end I don't really make it a crucial deal unless you speak out against me/lgbt community.

If you don't get in my way then I don't care; there are others out there that will accept/recognize myself.

16. Eliza

Eliza Guest

Being recognized and accepted is crucial to me because, even though a lot of what goes on in my relationships is private, there are vitally important public aspects to those relationships.

Like when my partner and I go to a family wedding together, we need to be treated like a couple and welcomed like any other couple, or we will leave.

17. starfish

I'm not sure how to answer. To be honest I just want to be left alone to live my life.